Tree at end of runway 1A3

Like the trees!

Just taxied in to gate at KLAX,had to stop slightly short due to tree at gate!,maybe it used to be orange groves before the airport was built…

I don’t see any issue here at all. You have a propeller, right? Spool it up and cut through the tree - problem solved!

¯_(ツ)_/¯

UPDATE: I mean, c’mon, what is a tree compared to the infamous Deadly Pylons (of Death!)™ in front of runway 22 in LSGG (Geneva): try to cut through those!

Fortunately those pylons have been fixed in some past update (or simply server-side, who knows). However some pilots still claim that those Deadly Pylons (of Death!)™ re-appear every then and when, especially (only?) after long flights.

But nothing beats a final adrenaline kick after a long working day, just when you’re ready to park your A320 and go home for supper… :wink:

While it may never get fixed, I would recommend to report it via Zendesk. At least it has a chance then.

As another example, I’ve just reported a building on the end of the runway that I had to land long over at YWEL. It think the BlackShark AI mistook the turnaround zone and markings near the end of the runway as a building…

Haha, quite convenient really, if you land from the open end of the runway, no need to taxi, just roll directly into hangar :laughing:

Not to this extreme, but I quite often see some cozy suburb houses just beside runways in not-so-small default airports. Must be real hardcore aviation fans living there. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, you can pull up right to the houses on those strips.

But the software developer turned management in me says “no trees or buildings in the glide path”, unless
a real life exception. Better to delete in error.

But to my runway encounter. In real life I think I would have aborted and then landed on the slight upwind approach.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.