Tree draw distance in Norway is bugged, right?

The fix is for global not only norway\sweeden, it was the latitude bug issue, they readed the post on this, now trees are came back like December according to them.

5 Likes

Finally, but I only believe it when it is actually there, it was reported being fixed already several times with no avail…

3 Likes

I will only believe it when I see it.

Anyone feel like the Nordic trees shimmer more than any other trees in the game?? The thin pointy ones

They might put the tree draw distance to what it used to be, but frankly that was also poor. It relied on a 3rd party mod to be able to have trees far in the distance, which is required to a) look realistic, and b) cover up the blurry textures in the distance, which, again, even on ULTRA is not very far.

These performance upgrades are great and all, but a lot of people, myself included, don’t want performance upgrades, the performance is fine, what we want are graphical upgrades, a start would be putting the graphical quality to what it was on release.

I am petrified that with these promised, quite substantial, performance gains in SU5, the graphical quality will be even further downgraded. Whether these downgrades are so the sim can be released Xbox or they are to address the issue of people complaining about performance, who are quite possibly running inappropriate settings for their hardware, is another question.

One thing doesn’t exclude the other. Better performance means more room for graphical improvements for those who have invested in heavier machines

1 Like

In principle I completely agree. However, if the performance increase comes from graphical downgrades, then it is just a pointless merry-go-round, and all that will happen until the graphical improvements are made is those who don’t have performance issues will have a worse looking sim.

I see no evidence either that they will make graphical improvements, all we have had so far have been performance improvements and graphical downgrades.

It really isn’t.
And there’s no evidence to a graphic downgrade. The performance comes from better memory and CPU usage. Today’s Q&A stream went over it.

1 Like

They showed footage in the Q&A.

It really is. I’ve never been below 35 fps with everything at ULTRA.

Not every update. With the GB update the opposite was true… with SU3 we got some frames without any scenery change. The last opdate, this Nordic WU that was indeed a scenery downgrader and frames upgrader. I went from 16-17 FpS to 20-24, using Medium/80% ! Very smooth flight !

But half of the issue (LOD-50) got solved with a patch. It went down 17-19 but I can enjoy the mountains again, with LOD-200 on. The other half of the issue (tree distance) will be restored with SU5. Good news.

The option to set graphics quality to MAXIMUM should be kept in. For stills (screenshot), I want a max enjoy the image so I use Ultra/100% for that. I estimate that is about 4FpS here. But Ultra need not be flyable for me, as long as it gives top quality. Ultra should be shining, imho. The absolute top level, if you wanna fly you need a high end PC board. I hope they don’t mess up Ultra because of XBox underperforming i.r.t. 3080 + 32GB…

35 isn’t good. it’s playable, but it isn’t ‘good’

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.