Trees are still hilariously large

I think it is probably a regional thing. While your mod might make trees in the UK the right size the ones in Aus / NZ were still far too large. I’m happy to stick with my mod now since it has adjustable tree size so I can update it easily on the fly.

This looks great. Can something be dropped in to the Community folder is it more involved than that?

Yep you can get it from http://github.com/Dr-Inkduff/MSFSAdjustedTreeSize and just drop into your community folder. It only gets more complicated than that if you want to adjust the size of the trees

1 Like

Thanks Nick. That looks seriously of interest.

Thanks for the help, it’s working here

Hi, does this mod works with sim update 6? Thanks!

I saw this sort of thing at least twice. I tree right where i needed to park lol

Yep I have been using it on SU6 with no issues.

When I first did the update I moved everything out of my community folder to make sure there were no issues and was once again taken aback at how large the trees are without this mod! I think it makes the sim look so much better!

Yeah unfortunately that kind of thing isn’t uncommon :confused:

I had a hard time finding the Southampton Common’s exactly for this reason. The large esplanade is suddenly overhung with trees too tall to be seen from above

I’ve noticed the trees in Aus are particularly bad, and it’s not just the fact that they’re too large. They’re just fugly looking compared to other countries. I’m hoping they’ve done something with them in WU7 (though I’m not holding my breath).

PS. is that VH-DDM in your avy pic?

One of the reasons I dont fly often in my native Denmark is that I can see how (to phrase it neutrally) un-correct the landscape looks because I know it by heart.
Australia I have never visited and therefore I take it at face value, and love it very much and fly there often. Carnt see the mistakes.

Especially with a chain Saw !!! :upside_down_face:

Okay i leave…

Sure is, I’m looking forward to the Just Flight Archer III being released on MSFS so I can fly it on here as well!

Well, no, the Australia update is still pretty munted for trees although otherwise it’s a pretty good update. You can now see the three sisters pretty well and Pine Gap looks pretty good too.

Trees suck still.

Wow yeah I was thinking of trying the sim without my mod to adjust the tree size but I just watched the trailer.

They included the Narrabri radio telescope array in the world update and the trailer (which is awesome) but I did my work experience there so I know what it looks like and it is very different to their depiction as far as the trees go! Here’s a screenshot from the trailer and an actual image from the site:

I also used Apple Maps’ 3D view to compare what Melbourne looks like in this world update to real life. As somebody who flies over Melbourne IRL regularly I can tell you the Apple Maps. In the sim it looks like Albert Park, Fawkner Park, and the Royal Botanic Gardens have been overtaken by forest!

If you don’t trust Apple Maps I dug through the photos I’ve taken while flying and this is the closest angle I have to the screenshots:

2 Likes

Wait. People still fly without the Bijan mod?

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

after today’s update, in Italy (example Milan) the dimension of trees is totally unrealistic, are three times bigger of the normal. Double the height of buildings.
You have transformed Italy into Amazonas !!!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

That’s from the beginning of MSFS2020 in so many places. NYC or LA are also complete forests. Trees on boats or green roads… In a lot of places, especially cities its way too much

I agree in places the tree size is ludicrous. Just installed the latest WU and flew around Rome. Feels like I am flying over Pripyat and the city has been consumed by a 200 foot tall Amazon rainforest. About to try a mod from flightsim.to

1 Like