Trees blocking approach to Rwy 4 at KSRB

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Trees on edge of approach blocking approach to Runway 4.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly approach to runway 4 of KSRB

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU 12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Unfortunately it is unlikely Asobo will fix many of the problem airports. They gave users the SDK and with it, I guess we as a community will have to fix them. Just unzip the file, and drop in your community folder and the tree problem should be fixed.

Thanks for the fix, I think. But not being a real super computer guy, I am a reluctant to do anything I don’t fully understand how or why. If you could give me a bit more information I would appreciate it. I’d prefer to download and unzip to other than community folder, study contents then move to Community folder making it a learning experience. If I could learn how to fix similar things myself using the SDK (whatever that is) that would be a real win. That way I could fix a similar problem with another airport I use frequently, (KJAU).

Thanks again.

Just found the SDK info on the site. Lots for me to study! Lots of chances to really screw things up. Guess I was being lazy and did not do my homework. Need to think this one over. LOL

KJACROBAT - Thanks for the patch. NO MORE TREES! Plan to use your patch as help in learning SDK. Going to attack another tree issue at KJAU. Thanks again!

You are most welcome!

The upcoming “World Hub” is exactly for problems like this.

OK KJ, I swore I would never bother you after your last help . . . BUT. I have spent hours trying to decipher using SDK and the removal rectangles . . . all to no avail. I must admit defeat and recognize that this stuff is written for individuals that have far more experience as “developers” than I ever hope to get in the time I have left. I am 76, fairly computer literate and have only been working with MSFS since February. So, here’s the bottom line. I’m never going to be able learn enough SDKese to be able to ever do the simple stuff I would need. So, perhaps I could convince you to help me just one more time and make a similar tree fix to KJAU Runway 23. Same problem, trees in middle approach. These are the only two airports I use so I promise I will not bother you again. I’ll even promise to lose your FS Forum handle to eliminate temptation.

Thanks for even reading this.

Oh I agree, the SDK is nether intuitive or user friendly. Did you simply have another airport you wanted modified? If so let me know and I’ll take a look at it. However if you have dozens of airports you wanted to work on yourself via the SDK, there are some tutorials on YouTube, and resources on fsdeveloper.com specifically using Airport Design Editor for MSFS (ADE).

KJAU runway 23 is the one I mentioned as needing a fix.

I’ve looked at the references you menoned. Not super easy to get inro without going from one reference to another.

Thanks.