Trees on pass to Rw 10 approach St Barth ( TFFJ )

Bonjour à tous,
I don’t know if I’m in the right place but I’m counting on the community to get the message across at Asobo.
(old) professional pilot, I have the required qualification to land at St. Barth (TFFJ) and as much as I am reminded ( Google confirms it ) there are no trees in the passage of the pass, in the axis of runway 10. The current approach is totally unrealistic and will have to be corrected…
Thank you to the whole community for the information and help found on the forum.
Good flights to all
Philippe

A quick hop from SABA to TFFJ. On short final attempting to clear what seems like a NorCal Redwood before having to nosedive down to the runway. Left my gear in the tree top. Love the sim and it’s a lot of awesome work. But how are we still dealing with enormous trees and especially in places where they don’t actually exist, and at famous places (rhetorical)

Hoping this topic will become a thing of the distant past.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

[/wrap]

There are also not supposed to be any trees above the tree-line. Flying over Greenland I see trees sticking out where there should be none.

It was suggested that I search the topic, and I did but didn’t find this topic where my post was ultimately move. Bottom line, I only have so much time in a day and this was more of a comment rather than a report. It’s gone unaddressed for a considerable period of time and I don’t suspect that trees on steroids will be on the hot plate any time soon. Trees on steroids has been a thing from the beginning of this wonderful project and it’s global, not just TFFJ. A boy can dream though…

Not a direct answer but in the meantime of a global fix :wink: here is some suggestions :

1 Like