Trees taking over the world (again)

The too many trees issue has been there right from day one.

I suspect much of the problem is that if the AI spots something that could be a tree; bushes, boulders, railway signals gantries, traffic lights, etc., then it becomes a tree like it or not. The AI is just not smart enough to differentiate.

1 Like

Yeah it must be something like that… when you mark every green car as a tree you’ll see a lot of trees :grin:

There have been issues from day 1 with trees but there is no doubt in my mind that the issue has got a lot worse since SU5. I’ve never had trees popping before and now that is the main source of ‘popping’ for me.

The issue in this thread however is about the number/size of the trees and again, for me, there has been a significant change since SU5.

Isn’t the location of vegetation based on open mapping? I’ve seen plenty of moorland and open plains that have trees on them when there should be none. In mid-America I’ve seen forests due to cloud shadows.

I did wonder way back of there was a scaling issue. A 30ft tree becomes a 30m tree.

New York city is also overgrown with trees again. I am fiddeling with the settings at the moment, but i cannot get rid of this. Although i must say when i set grass to low it’s already a lot better in downtown Manhattan. But this is just way to much.
Made a zendek report of this. But i think it won’t matter as they don’t respond to almost any request for flying cars, holes in runways and other stuff…

edit: and yes, i know central park is a park with trees :wink:

1 Like

It’s like that on the outskirts of New York as well.

Might give the grass slider a go.

When zendesk mark it solved it means they’ve added it to the bugs list.

Normally i won’t fly this low, but the streets from up above are way too green.

I think it’s because of bing maps compressed maps or something. There are a lot of trees on that road, but in the sim its way too green on the streets

1 Like

FULLY agree…one of the main issues for me. Immersion breaker. I applaud asobo for their new tree technique they use, but that probably got them a tad overexcited :blush: I’m sure they know and will fix that.

Yep. Frankfurt and Munich turned into happy gardens with birds , fresh air and pretty flowers. :wink:

Well. I don’t know about fps increase by it, but birds are one of the things i like to see more in the game. Not that i want birdstrikes but as wildlife goes thats one of the few that would be interesting

On topic: i’ve seen a youtube about the hotfix that would come friday/monday and tree/treedistance/treedrawing would be adressed

1 Like

Oh wow…havent thought of this…imagine birdstrikes being simulated. Maybe we can get that on the feedback snapshot in the future?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.