Tried Frequent Flyer achievement four times, did not get it each time

Attempt 1: Asobo 787. Crazy low frames near airport. Did change sim rate to make it a little faster, but hours later, no achievement.
Attempt 2: Salty 747. Crazy low frames near airport again. Did not change sim rate, so flew the entire 10 hours. Landed successfully, but still no achievement. Noticed in the logbook that the flight was logged, but it didn’t count a takeoff. How the **** do you fly anywhere without taking off??
Attempt 3: Salty 747 again. Tried to fly it overnight. Woke up the next morning only to find that the sim had CTD, about 8 hours into the flight.
Attempt 4: Daher TBM 930 to get both this and the Saddle Sore achievement. I read that you had to use the in-game ATC for it to count the takeoff, so I did exactly that. After flying the whole route, with only a bit of sim rate adjusting, I taxied to the gate and shut off. A loading circle appeared in the bottom right, which I took to mean that the flight had been logged and saved. Still no achievement. Much to my dismay, the logbook doesn’t even have a record of the flight at all, it just disappeared. Not even a bugged logbook entry to show for the time I had spent all day.

I’m at my wit’s end. I have wasted nearly 40 hours trying to chase after these bugged af achievements. Is there any way at all of forcing these achievements or should I just give up on achievements forevermore? It looks like Asobo is not going to fix this any time soon.

1 Like

Download the Top Gun Maverick DLC to unlock the DarkStar as the flight takes only an hour at Mach 10.

2 Likes

Achievements are a hopelessly buggy disaster in MSFS, and Asobo doesn’t care.

I’ve been struggling to unlock the My Way achievement – which I have completed successfully dozens of times now – ever since prior to Sim Update 8. Just this week, I’ve completed at least two flights that are 350-500 miles as a great circle route, so 100% guaranteed to meet the distance requirement. For both flights, the takeoff and landing show correctly in my logbook. All live/online functionality was enabled at all times and the sim rate was never changed from real time. Both flights were also to an IFR flightplan which was followed start to finish with a default aircraft (Daher) and nothing in my community folder.

They were also both gate-to-gate flights with a cold and dark start and a complete return to the cold and dark state. For the most recent flight, I also jumped through the user-suggested hoops of never closing the ATC or checklist panels, never opening the assistance panel, having all assistance settings set to hard before starting the flight and using Asobo’s flight planning and shockingly awful ATC with no failures to respond, as well as not using VR at any point in the flight. STILL nothing unlocked.

It’s infuriating; I love Flight Sim but its achievements system (and Asobo’s total lack of caring about fixing it or even just publicly stating the requirements for it to be achieved so that people don’t have to literally guess what matters and set their own artificial hurdles to overcome) is beyond infuriating.

It’s also hopelessly random as to which achievements you struggle with. You are struggling with Frequent Flyer; I got that one back in January, within 18 days of first buying the sim. Yet I’m still struggling with My Way this long later despite many others having no issue getting it.

2 Likes