Trim Bug - Trimming not possible

Hi,

as some users already mentioned, the trimming system seems to be buggy after SU5.
I got a Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, and I have a axis wheel on my left thump position. With this wheel, I was controlling the trim of the airplanes, worked well so far until SU5 arrived.
Now, two scenarios:

1. Trim doesn´t happen even if I turn my trim weel for full positive or full negative position
  2. Trim is changing itself without any input (Causes crashes of the planes to the ground or Stalls with Crashing afterwards.

Deleted the programmed Trim axis at the steering options and set it up again - no changes.
A Buddy of mine confirmed me yesterday the same behavior on his system. He mentioned that they may changed the trim possibilities from a axis to buttons and this is causing trouble??

Anybody else with this strange behavior? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have also this bug since the update, makes all the aircraft completely unfliable, the trim wheel is turning by itself without any input, I’ve tried to clear the binding from the axis of my controller, but didn’t changed anything, it still move without any input.
It all happened suddenly when I plugged the xbox 360 controller ( wich I’m using to control the camera for exterior view ), all my previous setting were completely messed up, axis were reversed, etc, so I had to rebind all the control for the xbox controller, but for a reason, it completely messed up the control from the pedal, throttle and joystick, even if I didn’t touch anything. And now I can’t even fly since the trim has a life by itself, the worse is, the it seems to always go nose down until it reach the limit of the trim, then if you try to correct it, it will do it again, and again, and again…

Before I’ve plugged the xbox controller, I’ve noticed already a bug with the trim, for some aircrafts, the axis were reversed, for some not ( obviously it was not like that before the update ).

Hope this is a bug they won’t take months to solve because it really is a huge one!

( there definitely is a problem with axis from this new update : I’ve tried to plug two different xbox360 controller, and one is brand new, no problem with the axis in other programs, here it move by itself all the way…I’ve just found out they have add an option " assisted controller sensitivity", wich might be the problem, but putting it off or on actually doesn’t change anything…)

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m using a Logitech/Saitek X56 H.O.T.A.S. and I’m experiencing the same issue. Trimming does not work for me after Sim Update 5. Cannot vote on this topic…

1 Like

Hi,

I also own a Saitek X52 Pro and before SU5 I was happily using the thumb wheel on the throttle for trim purposes and everything worked fine. Now, after SU5 introduction, the axis setting does not seem to work as an axis (i.e. -100% to +100% with absolute value positions) but more like a button that is pushed down a single time when moving the wheel in the respective direction.

This means I have to constantly move the wheel up and down like a maniac to trigger a small increment of trim which is plain stupid and annoying.

Seriously, Asobo…this has become beyond ridiculous in a non-laughable way.

3 Likes

Sad to say but I agree. There’s a reason many of us dread an update now (despite promises of performance or content) - when fundamental things like controls go from being perfectly functional to unusable, it does raise serious questions about why somewhat stable parts keep getting fettled with.

1 Like

The CJ4 is impossible to trim now

1 Like

Hear him, hear him. Thanks for reply Dude!

Go to the head ( my Post) of the reports and click on left site the blue button “Vote”. Thanks for Support!

They are canceling great sh*t out of the sim, and creating more creative sh+t in the sim. :smiley: Think about, MS will let them pay penalty for “unreasonable troubles…” :smiley:

1 Like

Nearly every plane. Expect: DA40DGN, but only to +50 and -50 lol. But whatevery, you can fly and keep control :smiley:

I have the same thing with my X56 and thought I just was seeing wrong. Plane would continually dive. I thought it was the flaps or some other input but I get no response from my trim wheel.

I’m using a combination of Thrustmaster Hotas on the left and Logitech on the right. Gas lever on the left and Joystick on the right. I almost always fly the Icon 5, in the vicinity of where I live. And before yesterday, after updating to the latest, I found some modified controls, and as also happens to you, the useless Trim. Now I have assigned two buttons, but neither with it nor with the keyboard, it goes fine as before it did with the left axle wheel

There is also this thread. Maybe the two should be be merged?

2 Likes

no, it says im out of votes and i cannot vote again. but i did not vote something, ever. so i guess i cant vote at all

1 Like

Only noobs use trims! Scream ‘Banzai’ and Yoke you pull!~ :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have a x56 hotas, trim with wheel don’t work.

Bug is gone for me with SU6. Anybody with me?

I still have the trim issue. I have the deluxe package (not on steam). When mapped to my trim wheel (on an axis), the trim will move but re-centers slowly un-commanded. I mapped the trim to buttons on another controller (after clearing the trim wheel controller) and the same thing happens. I have mapped the buttons on the controller for Trim Nose UP and Trim nose down. Honestly, this is getting a little old.

I have the same problem - the trim down now work with the C172 when I am using a trim wheel. It works on other aircraft (including the c172 with the G1000 glass cockpit, but not the C172 with round gauges. This is important because I am taking flying lessons and I have be using the MSFS 2020 as part of my training and practice. I need the C172 with round gauges to work to practice landing, maneuvers, etc. I think something is screwed up with that specific aircraft model that they need to fix. It was screwed up by the 5th update a few months ago.

I have the same issue with the pitch trim re-centering. I only have been using an Xbox controller and have not had this issue before SU6.