Trim Wheel Changes

I’m curious if anyone else notices a change in how the trim wheel works after SU5. I use the trim wheel on my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, and I can’t seem to get my aircraft trimmed out for level flight. What is everyone’s experience with this after SU5?

I found the Bravo prior to SU5 was useless. To get the trim on the aircraft to move a single notch I’d need to complete a full revolution of the Bravo trim wheel. It was so slow to use I just used the Honeycomb Alpha yoke’s trim buttons as they worked fine.

Now I have the opposite experience with the Bravo trim, in that the lightest touch will send the Cessna152 skywards like a rocket.

I think it’s because the trim inputs are binary and the trim wheel is analog. You can either set it to 1 x sensitivity or 10 x sensitivity. The Alpha yoke buttons work better.

1 Like

The complete opposite here.

1.17.3.0 (SU4) - a quarter turn on my Flight Velocity Trim Wheel is fatal - extreme nose high/low attitude. Minute touch to one wheel notch move gets me a swing of five to seven degrees or more. Not to mention it “remembered” the last position from the last flight regardless of whether I was flying the same plane or not. So likely I was dialed nose down for landing, and the first time I touch the wheel in the next flight, instant 15+ degrees down before you can sneeze.

1.18.13.0 (SU5) onwards - excellent fine control - I almost want to say each notch gives me 1-2 degrees. And it resets position after every flight. Perfection.

1 Like

The elevation trim is a total mess after the update. I use the Logitech Cessna Trim Wheel and with some planes it’s either way too sensitive or you barley notice a change. Also with some planes the trim is inverted.

2 Likes

My Cessna trim wheel axis was reversed after 1.18.13.

But that was the least of my problems. Now the sim wont even start even after a complete reinstall.

1 Like

Yes the trims are off in some planes. There are already tons of threads about this issue in the Bugs section. I recommend giving them your vote.

1 Like

yes, noticed this right off the bat, trim values vs user input was changed, i used to have to press the buttons more to trim the same as now. i could fine tune better. now it either up or down.

1 Like

I thought I was going crazy - never, ever being able to adjust the trim on Cessna 152 and 172 to keep altitude reliably since SU5. Like one click (using Honeycomb Alpha yoke buttons) is just far too much. I’m either going up 500 feet/min or down 500 feet/min!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.