Triple Monitors Support (different resolutions)

Brute force, yes. I get huge droops in FPS on X-lane going to 3 monitors. Even still I get around 47fps in our local rural area, with Ortho and settings pretty high. I use settings to add more trees than the max, and very high autogen, high AA, and traffic. That is with the main 58" monitor at 2K, and two 32" monitors at 1080.

Reflections and building shadows are real FPS killers, I leave them off.

FS seems to have a better FPS from the start, even though it looks more complex. At 4K, near ‘ultra’ settings I am getting 60fps locked, and never drops. Across 3 monitors if they implemented the same solution as X-plane a steady 30fps across 3 monitors should be doable.

As GTX 1070Ti user I hope they will implement Simultaneous Multi Projection = minimaln or no FPS drop on 3 displays - either via nVidia Surround or SMP.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing that link. I am adding this to my long writeup.

I ran XPlane 11 on 3 monitors with the same GTX 1070 ti at 1080-vertical resolution. I had to dial down all settings to get it to run at 30fps. It does work. I love it. All pictures of XPlane 11 running on triple monitors in my long writeup are taken with this setup. I do have high-res ortho for the area I fly in.

I’ve just built a new AM4- and PCIe 4-based PC. I haven’t installed XPlane 11 on it yet. For now, I’ve only installed msfs 2020 on it. But I run msfs with just a single monitor, because of the issue at hand.

Hi, what is your setup that allows 60fps on 4K with near ultra? Thanks,

I will get the exact settings tomorrow for you. It may have been 2k, not 4, but it was very good I remember that. I have only run it a few times for a few minutes, settings were set to ‘very high’ with some of them bumped up.

My system is an i7-7700k overclocked 14%, 32GB 3200, and a GTX 1080.

I will get details for you shortly, after I turn it back on.

Edit: Just did some testing. My memory must have been faulty, or I had been playing with so many resolutions and setting I got confused.

Either way, it is still good. Settings to High at 4k, then set Trees, bushes, texture resolution, texture synth, and I think one more all set to Ultra. Windowed mode, taking up 90% of my 58" main screen.

37fps solid in the area I fly in. Still very good for such settings. I still think if they did true multi monitor, with lowering shadows, reflections, and a few others 30fps across 3 monitors should be pretty easy to get.

1 Like

I use 6 monitors in X-Plane. I had to get rid of X-Plane (moved offline) to put on the deluxe FSX 2020. I also was so disappointed that I could not use all my monitors. I am going back to X-Plane until this is resolved. Apparently it is not a priority for an update.

My take on avoiding apparent stretching of the image with 3 displays, maximizing the area covered by the image and have realistic field of view (like the real world one):

2 Likes

This (hopefully) should be an easy question to answer. I have given up on the 3 screens for MSFS and would like to display it on the center of my three monitors. I have tried to simply shut off the side monitors and it doesn’t do what I want. I don’t want to make big changes to my display settings because most of the time I’m going to use X-plane with 3 monitors and one touchscreen for cockpit panels.

I would just like to fire up my 4 screens and have MSFS show on the center of the 3 displays. I have had it go to the touchscreen, the right monitor and the left monitor at what seems ‘random’, but never the center monitor. I cannot left click ‘drag’ the MSFS display from the left to the center. I cannot ‘right click’ and drag it. My right monitor is set up as my ‘main’ display as I have the keyboard in front of the right display. Google searches have only sent me to the well known problem of 3 screen display that this thread is discussing. This is ridiculously hard.

1 Like

Did you try to switch MFS2020 to windowed mode (Alt Enter), move the window to center monitor and then maximize it to full screen mode (Alt Enter) with the resolution matching your center display?

3 Likes

Really cool. Thanks for writing this up, and adding pictures for illustration. You’ve been trying to explain this on various forums. I think now you have a definite page that does the talking for you. I linked to it from my long article on fs2020 distortions.

Fred

Halichopter - Have you considered right clicking on your Windows 10 desktop, choosing Display Settings from the Context Menu, selecting the Monitor that you want to use as your primary display, scrolling down the screen until you see the dialog check box that says “MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY”. Perhaps this may solve your problem. I also use three screens and this worked for me. MS FS 2020 now shows only on my center panel. I can now use the “gage breakout” feature and drag different gages to my other Monitors. This applies for the moving Map as well, etc. - Vic -

3 Likes

Stekusteku, no I didn’t. Seems like something to try. I did switch MSFS to windowed mode to get it out of the 3 stretched screen mode I had it in.

Relaxedsoda, I do have the right screen set to Main Display, yet MSFS is showing up on the left screen. But I definitely want to get to the gage breakout as soon as I get the main view on the center monitor.

I always select the screen by doing the following:

• switch to windowed mode in the graphic settings
  • move the MSFS window to the desired monitor
  • switch back to full screen mode

Then MSFS always launches on the last screen it had been using previously.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Temasky88, Stekusteku made the same suggestion. As soon as I can get back to the simulator, I will try this out. Thanks!

1 Like

The suggestion by Temasky88 and Stekusteku worked. In windowed mode, the application can be moved from one monitor to another.

3 Likes

Waiting for the triple monitors support too, flying on one screen is not fun :frowning: :pensive:

4 Likes

AMEN Brother!

Seems like VR support will come long before true multiple monitors. Anyone familiar with VR and flight simming? i.e. for real flight training, not for playing games.

1 Like