Turboprop engine logic issues

Turboprop enthusiasts be aware of the next update:
Whereas the issue “A320 swaying left and right” has made it into the Top-Bugs list on Sept. 24th. with 200 votes and was in the list on Sept 3rd as well, the issue “Turboprop engine logic issues” was in the Sept. 3rd. Top-Bugs list and isn’t mentioned any more, despite having 329 votes as I’m writing this.
So if ASOBO/MS are keeping track of the issues aboveboard we should see improvement.

1 Like

It appears this will be swept under the rug again for the foreseeable future. I saw it was removed from the top issues also. Such a shame.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Well, aside from the obscure “Top-Bugs-List (s)” (is upvoting persistent or not? How does ASOBO/MS keep track of the identiefied issues? How does one List compare to the next? and so on…) what strikes me most is the minor scope of the last update regarding airplanes: one item fixed here, one item fixed there (TBM 930: fixed fuel tank incorrect tooltip- SERIOUS???). And then there’s updates introducing new bugs and inconsistencies like the resurfaced “dolphin effect” with the autopilot. How on earth will they manage fundamental changes to the flightmodel when minor issues seem to take a relative long time and seem to be rather unstable. No wonder PMDG has postponed their 737 until at least end of NEXT year due to lack of progress with the SDK. Being optimistic, I feel we will need a lot of patience here.

3 Likes

I find it a little strange that the engine logic issue was removed from the known bugs. Definitely feels like it was swept under a rug hoping we didn’t notice.

Hopefully it has been solved and just not implemented yet as it’s going through rigorous testing.

Might be wishful thinking.

1 Like

Yeah I was surprised to see all mention of it disappear. It wasn’t even mentioned on the Q&A last night.

Please guys look into this!!

P3D and FSX never, ever got it right…in all those years. X-Plane did get it right. I hope FS2020 works on it.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

After looking at the votes and backlog they don’t seem to give two cents about the votes and do what ever they like according to priorities.

I’m scared of that update. We didn’t see any noteworthy improvement on the simulation side since release. Turboprop being in the backlog. I hope they have something up their sleeves.

1 Like

Doesn’t all engine types in MSFS present wrong behavior throghout altitude changes? Don’t they all increase fuel flow with increased altitude? I believe that they all should be revamped.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I was wondering, what do you think if there would be a major 3rd party turpoprop coming like the aerosoft DHC-6 or the Majestic Q400. Would they be affected by the revers logic of the turboprops seen in th game now or with a whole new model would they be able to actually make them work properly.

I gave up flying the 208 because the engine modeling is so poor. In addition the ground handling makes taxiing and u turns a joke. Tricycle gear aircraft don’t weathervane into crosswinds unless they’re on ice.

The mod for the TBM fixed the reverse logic somehow.

Only thing, i think, that would required Asobo to fix, is propeller drag

1 Like

Which mod are you referring to? Thanks!

Very true. I can’t say I’ve tried using propeller drag to slow the 930 but it seems to work quite well on the Hotstart TBM900 on X-Plane.

I tried the Caravan lately over Alaska and it was no fun at all. Had to go around 4 times on a small strip until I made it, because it doesn‘t really want to descent, only on idle, which is not true, based on RL descriptions of a pattern for this plane. Finally it floats forever in flare, had to reduce flaps while in flare to get it down on a runway that has the correct length. Lower approach would have been unrealistically low and I would have hit trees before the threshold. Propeller drag and engine logic is completely wrong, the Caravan is a no go for now.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like