Turn off Multiplayer if you experience extreme fps drops since WU4

I don´t know if this is a temporarily issue, but since WU4 my sim is unplayable.
I have to turn off Multiplayer (General → Data) so I can play.

I´m not talking about 10 fps drops, I´m talking about unplayable fps, like 1 fps.

Try that if you have the same issue as me and let me know.

World updates attract a lot of visitors. London was exactly the same. Eventually people have their fill then fly elsewhere, so things will eventually improve. Consider disabling MP traffic if it is too impactful.

I played with all online functionality options and the only one that did the trick for me was Multiplayer, yes.
I hope this gets sorted out quick

I had the same issue with low fps and serious stutter, turning multiplayer off redeemed smooth flights again. however this stutter only effects busy airports, like heathrow london EGLL

1 Like

Same :roll_of_toilet_paper: Cannot fly in multiplayer…alone yes, Tags only have names, no type/alt most times. Flyers switched to all the servers to try to get a handle of what is going on…no joy.
Stutters and 50% drop in FPS makes the Sim useless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :rofl: :ok_hand: :+1: :cocktail: :tropical_drink: :beer: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :tea: :shaved_ice: :ice_cream: :doughnut: :birthday:

I was going to throw out my computer through the window but this saved my day! I flew over Paris having about 1 or 2 fps and changed almost every setting on the graphics tab without result, I had no idea this multiplayer setting had such a dramatic effect. Asobo must add some logic here which should reduce how much traffic the sim receives. If fps drops below a certain value the sim should just turn it down to zero.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out - it seemed that if I flew the FlyByWire A320 or the Aerosoft CRJ I would get 2 FPS and couldn’t even start whenever I picked Dallas (KDFW) - I guess it’s always busy in the Multiplayer world - also the same for KSEA and KJFK. - I have to just turn multiplayer completely off.

Hi all,
Please use this topic here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-mutli-player-stuttering-after-world-update-bug-report/391922

This topic has been pushed up to the developers.

Thank you!