Turtle Beach Needs a Force Feedback Line

I think Turtle Beach would be the perfect company that could revive the old Force Feedback Line.

Imagine being able to trim by feel. Feel the wind, turbulence, airspeed, runway, etc.

3 Likes

There was a lengthy discussion on why there is a lack of FFB peripherals awhile ago.

Remember that one. I thought the consensus was the patents had expired?

Driving wheels with FF are available.

I was thinking Turtle might be the only one that could pull it off now as they seem to have a relationship with Microsoft and have been actively releasing new products.

Weather or not their yokes are good is probably a debate. I’ve seen people arguing in here. But anything has to be way better than my current Logitech stuff.

I’m eying their new rudder pedals now, which I think come out next week.

If they had real FF I’d be all over their peripherals.

1 Like

After all the problems with the TB yoke why would anyone chance any more of their products until getting very positive reviews.

That’s what I mean about people seeming to fight about it.

I just don’t think MS would cooperate with any other hardware manufacturer to do Force Feedback. At this stage, the xbox support would be needed. Logitech just wants to make junk and old tech.

I may try the rudder pedals as those seem to have nice specs. I really hate my Logitech pedals and throttle quadrant.

There are expensive FFB offerings now so someone just needs to bring that more mainstream. I am a little surprised MS themselves have not gone for something along these lines given their history with the sidewinder. Perhaps research shows only a small market for it.

1 Like

VR is a small market too, which makes it a struggle.

I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a sidewinder off eBay. But without the native support I’ve read it’s not quite the experience it was back on Windows 98.

The Logitech G940 works well through XPForce and if I lost mine, well, I would have to use my spare one. Without FFB, I couldnt see myself carrying on unless I was feeling brave enough on the butt pucker scale to finally get the Brunner yoke that I have been eyeing all these years. 20 years plus with FFB here and I think it to be fundamental to the sim.

Simming without FFB is totally numb. I can’t feel wind, airspeed, turbulence, pressure on control surfaces, etc. Good luck with trying to trim in MSFS 2020. It’s 100% NOT possible to do correctly.

I’m a VR fanatic but I’d consider giving up VR for FFB if given a choice between the two.

It’s pathetic we had native support for this back before many of our newer fligh simmers were born.

Even my younger girlfriend has a vague, childhood memories of Windows 98, which is when the FFB controllers with native software support were made.