Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight stick Controller (New and available on Nov 17, 2022)

Very interesting. So it sounds like a design issue and not just a bad batch. Mine is pretty bad, like it’s a fairly loud thunk. It was throwing off my fast turns in fighters and stunt planes, and also really distracting on landing. Maybe It’ll stick with my jittery HOTAS One for awhile longer.

Sad to read about it. :pensive:
Mine shows only a little “plastic” noise if I do the same movement You were describing, but doesn’t impact the mechanical functionality, at least for now.

1 Like

Yeah, my dad has one as well and his is not nearly as bad as mine either. Almost unnoticeable on his.

1 Like

Tried mine and I do not experience hitting something inside, all I feel are the different springs enganging for the various movement directions, especially the twist axxis.
Feels normal to me.
Receivend mine in November '22, though.

1 Like

No problems with mine.

1 Like

Here they talk about “clicking”:

1 Like

That’s exactly the issue both of mine had, but only in one direction.

I’m going to try ordering one for the third time and see if its any better.

1 Like

I’ve not noticed any clicking sound from my unit.

My third stick arrived. This one also has the same issue but not nearly as bad, so I’m planning on keeping it.

Question though, does anyone else on Xbox have the issue of the cursor being invisible when you first start up MSFS, and is there a solution?

Occasionally, I see that behavior. I have a wireless mouse/keyboard combination hooked to my Xbox and when the cursor doesn’t show up, just moving my mouse makes it visible.

1 Like

So, I’ve had my stick for 23 days. I’ve maybe put 15 hours into it. And the little H2 joystick that you can use to look around is jittering. When I look around, it jumps left. I went into sensitivity and saw that the jittering is indeed happening. Wow. At least my HOTAS One went four months before it had issues. :rofl:

I can honestly say my experience with this stick is pretty poor. If it worked correctly It would be great, but between the stick itself having the clunking issue that affects each stick I’ve ordered differently, and now the jitter issues with the H2 stick, I would not call this a quality product, unfortunately. It may feel like quality, but I wouldn’t say its any better than others on the market and it would be hard for me to say that it would hold up over time.

With that being said, I’m tired of chasing flight sticks. I’m keeping it. I’ll be disabling that little joystick and go back to using my controller joystick to smoothly look around. Less than ideal, but I’m over it. I just want to fly.

Basically, am I the only one who doesn’t find the trim wheel comfortable? It’s precise, sure, but not very ergonomic. Moreover, there must be a reason why aircraft yokes have a thumb-operated rocker switch for electric trim, rather than a wheel within reach.
Also, the assignment of the trim slider doesn’t take into account the adjustments set by the autopilot. So, when you press ESC and re-engage, it resets to the last manually set value. The slider remains assigned even if you set the wheel using digital controls.
Nevertheless, the wheel is quite handy for assigning other functions.

Anybody has opened the grip yet and may be found a way to grease the z-Axis a bit so that the turning of the grip is a bit smoother? :thinking:

For both desk or for lap, just mount it to a black cutting board size of your choice, tons of sizes and most have rubber feet/bottoms(if you just want more support on a desk or as a lap pad). Hundreds of them under $25 on amazon, some are smooth with no drip tray or handle, just a chunk of heavy nylon plastic, way cheaper than DIY with ply/paint(and labor!). I usually use the V1 with the HOTAS/Pedals slaved to it, but just use twist when using the FS, as I have countless hours over 30 years of gaming doing it that way too, mainly for helis and biplanes when doing more pure flying than avionics use, and of course for games like Squadrons. One of these days I’ll pony up for the TB pedals and sell off the TM set. The stick can benefit from even a small cutting board on a desk for added stability footprint and weight.

Does anyone know if the VelocityOne Flightstick can be used in conjunction with the throttle quadrant from the VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System on Xbox?

1 Like

Anyone else been having trouble using the trim on this stick since the latest SU? Sometimes it gets stuck at -100. Sometimes it jumps the wrong way. Seems like myself and my dad both have the same issue since the recent SU.

Is it possible to use a separate throttle unit with the TB V1 Flightstick?

Yes, I use this :

‘Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Throttle Quadrant’

• It also gives me a further 6 switches
1 Like

Anyone else lose the cursor on menu (whilst using joypad) and world map etc on Xbox x after using this joystick?
Wonder if it’s since I tried to assign the track pad button to activating switches etc in the cockpit. Hope not as I utterly failed with that too.

Sadly I do feel you need a mouse or joypad in addition to the stick.

I can’t seem to get the track pad press switch to do anything.

Would this work for XBOX X if i run it from a separate USB?