Two times that I got my eyes full of tears by MSFS!

Absolutely agree. Not perfect, but refreshing to hear some positives. Too many people just non-constructively come and complain or whine around here that their problem isn’t addressed immediately or that their single cloud in a screenshot is grainy. Like really.

Very refreshing to read this here.

Cheers

3 Likes

I cried at my aunty’s funeral this week.
But that is off topic.
I would never get that upset over a computer game.
I am just separating fact from fiction.

3 Likes

Because that was a real event.
And there is no propaganda of any kind to be drawn from it, only sadness.

1 Like

Same here, and it shows me amazing sights every time I fly

7 Likes

Thankfully, we humans aren’t all equal.
Why arguing about emotions? You don’t know what people go through, you don’t know their backgrounds. So better stop judging.

15 Likes

A reminder for everyone to keep this topic on track please. Focus on the discussion, and avoid posting messages/comments about each other or their emotions :+1:

4 Likes

Yes OP I totally understand…I’ve had several of these moments in VR with other sims.
It’s just that amazing it DOES bring much joy and make you teary eyed at the amazing achievements and evolution in PC gaming/simming tech. Hopefully I’ll have the same experiences in MSFS when a better SU6 comes along because SU5 surely isn’t it.

Escapism through video gaming is a great way for people such as myself to explore and have a little fun doing something I other wise would not be able to do because of physical limitations. There are more positive experiences for me personally, than negative.

There is no shame in having “happy tears” materialize after completing or performing something one finds thrilling! Perhaps making that perfect landing after many tries, or any other feat which compels a person to uncontrollably feel a rush of overwhelming excitement and emotion, and then exclaim, “WOOOOHOOO!!! I DID IT!!! I DID THAT!!!.”

Passion, and curiosity, my fellow flight simulator pilots, are powerful and positive emotions, and ones which will continue to live within me, and surely in the OP SVA787 (Ali A.) as well, as we continue our adventures!

To press on diligently after the loss of ones friends, is a difficult task. Good for you SVA787 (Ali A) Continue to live the dream! This is a beautiful game on PC and on Xbox X especially in 4K. Peace!

2 Likes

I cried when my logbook reseted to 0hrs when I was only 12hrs away from hitting the 500 mark. Other than that, I know there is growing pains…I lived through FSX

1 Like

With all its issues, I still love this simulator too. It really is an amazing piece of software and I hope it will bring lots of us happiness for years to come.

When Flyinside developed the first version of the VR injection for FSX back in 2014 it certainly turned my tear faucets on. Seeing FSX from a VR perspective and doing those missions over in VR were very touching!

Please refrain from being positive. It offends many. You have been warned.

7 Likes

what nonsense, the guy is right.

True… I think that that’s the nature of many people with frustrations.
They experience something strange and the next thing they do is barfing here, hoping that they get attention and a solution right away.
I’d suggest to program an auto-filter on the forum where topics with the words unplayable, I’m leaving etc will be redirected to a new sub folder called ‘Stopic’
That way we keep the forum clean and relevant for us, the serious population in the community.
Not to state that there are no problems and bugs of course but it’s the attitude of some here that makes me sad.

2 Likes

It did brought me to tears twice as well…1st was tears of joy and a dream came true…when it was released after 14 years of me using and sticking with FSX…to be able to see a sequence to FSX. And of cos upon launch the graphic, textures and night lightings of the earth were amazing, almost second to none.

The second time is now…tears of frustration and despair…especially after SU5 and one year on…the constant needs to troubleshoot and re-adjust settings and hrs of hrs reading posts after posts and opening tickets, usually after each update…and these can be exhausting at times with no end in sight.

FSX had 2 updates, some tweakings by users to get to their most satisfying state and then game play thereafter. MSFS is currently a monthly cycle with days or weeks of troubleshootings and re-ajustments, a few weeks of gameplay and then the cycle repeat again…

I hope there will be at least one last tears, the tears of relieve and eternal happiness, when they can finally get their act together, and get to a point where everyone can enjoy the sim again continuously and consistently, while looking forward to each update with pleasant anticipation of some new improvements or minor additions each time.

1 Like

You might want to read the mod’s post once again:

Tears of joy are not being upset. Well, a good upset if you want to frame it that way.

Yeah - I guess there were a lot of us reduced to tears that day…

My eyes are already full of tears reading this, hope it comes true soon

The sarcasm and condescending tone in here, at times, is disgusting. Is it so hard to respect a persons feelings, even if it’s ‘just a game’?

1 Like