UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

Yes I have all the achievements unlocked or progressed and those four are the only ones that got reset. Could be a bug on Asobo’s cloud save system. I’ve opened another topic regarding this. Feel free to drop by and hit a vote!

well; I just reset the workaround as described.
Restarted Windows
MS Store updated Gaming Service to 2.50.18001.0 :frowning:
So obviously new version is not yet rolled out for everyone…

EDIT: restarted to check for updates and now another Gaming Service is downloading. So I guess this is to be 2.50.20001.0

and just while typing the edit it finished the download: i can confirm it is 2.50.20001.0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even when I was one of the few having none of these problems, I want to thank you for your workaround which got many of us back in the air.

1 Like

Here again everything is fine👍

That means > key does not exist in your registry
so you can update gaming services app

Hey guys. Now the Gaming Services is fixed. Make sure you check your in-game achievements progress and look for the ones that got reset to 0%.
They are:
Landmarks the Spot” “SIDs and STARs” “Decathlon” and “World Traveler

Make sure to drop by my post regarding this and vote for it!

it gives me an error when I input the first line. I did run it as admin but is not taking it.

Same for me. All gone. A new login or landing on on new Airport also didn’t help. Counter starts new at 1 -.-

Yeah. It’s really annoying for example the Decathlon achievement requires you to finish 10 weekly activities which Asobo is NOT rolling out on a weekly basis. The reset for that achievement means it’ll need more time for the ppl who got affected by the Gaming Services to unlock that achievement. Which is unfair. Make sure you drop by my post regarding this and leave a comment and a vote there. Let’s see if Asobo will care us or not.

For those, like me, who get Gaming Services installing for ages:
It seems MS Store freezes: I got this for half an hour

I closed MS Store, restarted it, and it says installed: this happens often for me!

and it was successful:

Note the Xvdd SCSI Miniport installed at the same time:

What a WEIRD system.

Now FS starts normally again! Good, but it’s only the expected behaviour.

“ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.”?

If yes - that means key does not exist in your registry
you can update gaming services app

Thank you for your help. I am installing Games services now but it is taking longer than usual. Should it be taking that long or I did something wrong?

See my post, 3 posts above…

Yes installing take ages. I reset my pc after 20 minutes and all worked. Gameservice was installed and MSFS worked again. I also lost some achievement (not to bad).
Happy flying

Thank you. I just closed and restarted. now it says installing. now keeping my fingers crossed hopefully I don’t get that annoying settings screen again/

Hey man make sure you drop by my post regarding the lost of achievements progress and leave a vote if you have time. This could be a serious bug lead by Asobo missing some of our progress while uploading our saves to the cloud.

The screen just came up again after I installed games services. Should I be getting it. Or after I setup go pass the welcome screen I should not get it again after I restart MSFS

There is the update. Problem solved.

1 Like

Fixed the problem thanks. :slight_smile:

I am looking at my Microsoft Store and Gaming Services still says Modified 2/20/2021 version 2.50.1800.1.0 ? No update to 2.50.20001.0 I keep pressing Get updates but nothing changes?