UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

So this is fun…

Last night before going to bed I decided to flush the cache of the Windows Store by using the “WSReset.exe” command & also went into Windows settings and reset MSFS.

After doing so, Windows Store doesn’t recognize that I have FlightSim installed and if click to run MSFS on my PC – nothing happens!

Same thing after performing a system reboot.

MSFS does show up on the Windows store Library as available to install but if I try to do so it errors out after a few seconds. Same thing happens with Digital Ownership.

So now i’m not able to run FlightSim at all…

Having this issue as well, surely this must be hitting everyone who purchased through the MS Store?

For the record also have my sim installed on its own separate drive.

I really appreciate that someone has been smart enough to find a workaround, but this is ridiculous, the issue needs to be properly fixed by Microsoft not by having us run powershell commands and using third party software then having to remember to undo it all if and when it gets fixed.

1 Like

This is the “circus” I have to do each time I start FS.
As my joysticks settings are, so far, preserved, it takes 5 minutes to redo my settings…

Yep ordered through the store too

So, has everybody who has this issue installed MSFS on a separate drive, not the default location? We might be on to something here.

No, I installed to the default location :confused:

1 Like

I have the same issue, purchased MSFS Deluxe from the MS Store, MSFS installed to my C:, the large folder for Official and Community are on my D:, having to reconfigure every time.
No issues until some 200+ MB update Saturday Afternoon.

Yes, without any problems :slight_smile:

This is what I think too, Game Services checking the location of MSFS.
No certainty yet, but we must explore all the possibilities …

Tenpatrol, thank you so much for finding a workaround, I’m going to give it a try here shortly as it doesn’t look like there is any interest from Microsoft in fixing this in the short term.

If they ever bother to actually fix the problem, how do we go about undoing the workaround, is it literally as simple as just enabling gaming service via the services.msc or are there any other steps that will need to be taken?

1 Like

Will that workaround bring back my settings and foremost all my custom cameras? Or does it just enable me to save new ones?

And furthermore, will that workaround bring back the achivements and statistics?

How to

Enable:

• Windows Update service
  • Windows Search service
  • Diagnostic Policy service
  • Offline Files service

via services.msc

And turn on automatic app updates via gpedit.msc (Group Policy Object Editor)

On the search bar (or search icon) type
gpedit.msc
and press enter

Go to
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Store

Right-click on

turn off automatic download and install of updates

and select edit
tap > enabled > apply > ok

Right-click on

and select edit
tap > not configured > apply > ok

After that open ms store app
Click 3 dots and select settings
Enable automatic updates

2 Likes

Installed on G: dedicated disc

What I find heartbreaking is not hearing from MS or ASOBO, admittedly it’s the weekend, let’s wait until tomorrow. :rage: :-1:

and you really had to record video for your whining? :rofl:

2 Likes

Important info!!!

After ms fix we must enable services via services manager
services.msc
And turn on automatic app updates via gpedit.msc and ms store app

How to

Enable:

• Windows Update service
  • Windows Search service
  • Diagnostic Policy service
  • Offline Files service

via services.msc

And turn on automatic app updates via gpedit.msc (Group Policy Object Editor)

On the search bar (or search icon) type
gpedit.msc
and press enter

Go to
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Store

Right-click on

and select edit
tap > enabled > apply > ok

Right-click on

and select edit
tap > not configured > apply > ok

After that open ms store app
Click 3 dots and select settings
Enable automatic updates

3 Likes

Well, I do record things a lot for me first, so I can compare, and as we can never remember things perfectly, recordings ARE useful.
Indeed, previous recordings did help me greatly to find out my settings…
As I read above that some guys were worried to launch the sim and some couldn’t be bothered to do all the settings over and over, I thought it could actually help them realise it’s doable in a few minutes…

Free for some to label as whining; personally I label it as “complete dramatising”. :rofl: :upside_down_face: :innocent: :scream:

EDIT: on my YT video, already a user find it useful, as it confirms he is not alone to have this bug:
newworldorder568
“having the same issue. tried everything but no luck”
then later:
:+1: Thanks i will try this. hopefully they fix it soon”

Unless i see people who did loose them… i did TenPatrol’s trick and it worked, didn’t loose my hours, so give it a go.
(how the heck did you gather so many hours man:-) )

Yip problem for me as well…and I thought it was me, so like everyone else I did reinstalls, even win 10 reinstall :neutral_face:

Thanks to Tenpatrol btw :+1:

Could everyone please upvote this thread