UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

Agreed, it’s one thing to mess up, but quite another not to fess up.

Click on the time since last post at the bottom of the scroll bar

Silence… No one word from the official side regarding this problem.

Very bad situation

5 Likes

You don´t need to be a simmer to enjoy this game, but you really need to be a hacker to implement all the fixes by your own…

7 Likes

Thank you. It worked. Much appreciated

1 Like

Thanks TenPatrol,
it works for me too.

1 Like

+1 impacted here
Voted
Opened a Zendesk case for this issue

5 Likes

Updates from my end:
I’ve confirmed my version of Gaming Services is v2.50.18001.0, hitting my rig on 20.2.21, the exact (post World Update) date I noticed the UI issues.

I’ve had a reply from my Zendesk ticket, advising they have “requalified this ticket into a bug report
This seems odd to me given the symptoms I provided, which must tie in with hundreds of other tickets.
I have replied to them to advise many believe the issue relates to that Gaming Services update, so it will be interesting to see what comes back.

Whilst I was in my ticket records I checked my recollection of the last time Gaming Services caused an issue with the sim. That was mid Nov 2020, and that was caused by v2.47.5001.0. The subsequent v2.47.6001.0 fixed it immediately. In the case of that ticket it was I that advised the support team of the fix details. All I got back was thanks for the follow up. Something seems the wrong way round there.

Sorry, but if our collective suspicions are proven, this raises questions about the whole process of development, testing and release - and also whether the support process is tied into all of that.

4 Likes

Contacted two ex-coworkers that working now in MS.
I hope they can help us at least to know if MS and Asobo are taking this problem as a high priority.

I hope to have an update before evening.

2 Likes

Due to security reasons of my system, the workaround did not work for me, and I don´t want to go to safe mode or option out security settings in windows. So what to do? Waiting for a MS solution?

If you are not familiar with windows advanced settings - wait for ms fix.

1 Like

As I told already, I just do NOT WANT to this it…even /FastLaunch does not work anymore

So fly and have fun.

+1 Same here…

they should bring back older gaming service version to the store, immediately. Is that rocket science or what?

This topic will be full of hopes, like Fifa’s 21 @ crackwatch :wink:

1 Like

Mine were reset to 0 as well in the game, but on my XBox profile it shows 100%. I’m sure they’ll be recovered in game once the issue is resolved.

It’s a problem that happens when you build your game on tools where you don’t have control over, or at least pack a tested version within your game/product… it is stupid that an other app in the MS Store breaks the game like this. This happens now, how can we be sure it won’t happen again?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the fix yet & it looks complicated.
As other have said, we shouldn’t have to. Imagine buying a new car then it breaks down six months later… all you have to do is look onder the bonnet/hood… do a few things to the engine & it’ll fix it.
You wouldn’t would you?

Microsoft / Asobo need to fix this ASAP

Regards
Steve

Apparently it is!
I made the same suggestion to the support team within my ticket discussion earlier today.
I’ve asked if/when the old version can be made available again, or a new, TESTED, version released.

I find it most odd that if the growing suspicions are correct, and borne out by those that have managed to manually roll back, even the support team don’t know about it…or didn’t until I told them. That just sounds wrong. One of the first actions on identifying a Known Problem, is to advise your support tiers, so they can advise customers and categorise tickets accordingly. I suspect that falls under “rocket science” also.

To me it’s hard not to consider that whatever is going on in “core” MS, that presumably own Gaming Services component development, is disconnected from the Asobo folks.

Whilst I am pretty competent technically I am loathe to attempt the discussed fix myself, lest it cause other unexpected problems now, or at some later date. As said already, why should we have to do that after paying for a premium product?

That said, some push communication from either MS or Asobo would be appreciated. The deafening silence only adds to the frustration.

4 Likes

Exactly, a simple message in the sim, on the forums as a sticky bar, or whatever would be enough to let their customers know that the issue is noticed and worked on. But a forum post with this many reads/post/votes and yet not a single reaction from the devs is mindblowing.

5 Likes