UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

yes me too… but gameservices is still updating…you can not prevent this, even when you have set automatic updating to off…

How did you make a backup, on my system, at least for saved flights or other data, i tried copying elsewhere and it failed due to encryption, or maybe it was failing when i tried to bring it back over, i forget now.

Gaming services is failing for me with error 0x80073D25 on the update, but i also have an h2 cumulative update that is hung up and wont finish (known issue)

I have a DVD version but I got the same issue!

I am also experiencing this as of today.

MS Store version.

Same for me.

MS Store Version.

Seems remarkably quiet in here for such a show-stopping bug, so I’m assuming only a few of us are affected by this. Seems to be MS Store versions only - maybe depending on license type too? What license does everyone here have?

GamePass Ultimate here. (And it’s almost expired).

Same
MS Store and $%^(*#&#& loop

Latest Gaming Services ver 2.50.18001.0

1 Like

Can’t see anyone in this thread with the MS Store version and latest gaming services update that doesn’t have the issue, so guess we’ve got to assume it’s impacting everyone.

Hopefully they’ll push a rollback to the previous version… time will tell.

Thanks Microsoft!!!

+1 the same happening on my test system: Store Auto Update is off yet this one slipped through.

Would be really sad if all statistics are gone with this “nice” issue :frowning:

add me to the list resets everytime I start the sim now. Very annoying when trying to work on my add-on.

here as well

I see the gaming services app has installed an update today wonder if that caused the issue.

Yes that’s the consensus… see the op

1 Like

Nothing in the store ever auto updates for me unless I open the store and request updates. I have store auto update also set to off. The version of my gaming services has not changed in weeks.

I do not have an enterprise version of Win 10, but I run it similar to an enterprise client, with many automatic services locked down tight through GP Edit.

FWIW, I do not have the X-Box client on my machine. I don’t know if that makes any difference.

My bad I rushed through should have looked.

1 Like

Same problem here. Came home from work and like a clean install. I will wait to here more as not going through the hassle of resetting all bindings all the time.

Your controller profile from before the bug should have been saved. For me within controller settings I am able to change the default profile at the top of each individual controller back to my previously saved profile. Still a pain!!

2 Likes

Just another “me too”. Worked ok after the World Update last Tuesday, suddenly today asks for settings on startup. Thought I was going crazy, somewhat relieved to find that everyone is encountering this.