UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

I see the gaming services app has installed an update today wonder if that caused the issue.

Yes that’s the consensus… see the op

1 Like

Nothing in the store ever auto updates for me unless I open the store and request updates. I have store auto update also set to off. The version of my gaming services has not changed in weeks.

I do not have an enterprise version of Win 10, but I run it similar to an enterprise client, with many automatic services locked down tight through GP Edit.

FWIW, I do not have the X-Box client on my machine. I don’t know if that makes any difference.

My bad I rushed through should have looked.

1 Like

Same problem here. Came home from work and like a clean install. I will wait to here more as not going through the hassle of resetting all bindings all the time.

Your controller profile from before the bug should have been saved. For me within controller settings I am able to change the default profile at the top of each individual controller back to my previously saved profile. Still a pain!!

2 Likes

Just another “me too”. Worked ok after the World Update last Tuesday, suddenly today asks for settings on startup. Thought I was going crazy, somewhat relieved to find that everyone is encountering this.

Same issue here.

In addition I have lost 3 achievements (reset from 100% to 0%) and many stats are reset to 0h. Fortunately, at least the flight hours have been preserved.

You might want to share your recommendations, it might help others!

NB: I didn’t start any Microsoft app today except Edge and out of nowhere I saw the notification telling it was updating, like that, although my App Store automatic updates are disabled.

I found when i used gpedit to set windows updates to disabled, i couldnt update msfs (the store app became useless and didnt work for updates), i had to go in and set it back to not configured (and reboot or do gpupdate/force). But thats a whole other issue perhaps

Can we keep this on-topic so Asobo actually knows what the problem is?

1 Like

On my end the Store app just rolled itself back to 2.50.5005.0 automatically

1 Like

This is too frustrating having to redo SO many settings everytime…

1 Like

Microsoft.GamingServices_2.50.5005.0

http://tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/aa7a17b0-64ad-4e13-afbc-ee88a7221c3c?P1=1613875042&P2=404&P3=2&P4=c5S8RZkOvMCKXv7pCeXT3sstkiqlz5%2Fs04euPVzka6bqo4tkEn5zAlCLKhkuIxpohQBUS7TkBy3JJgH9qnmtwA%3D%3D

After download right click and select install

my setting won hold either.just goes to initial setup screen.
is this a Asobo or MS or Xbox gaming bug ??

All of my save files are also missing from my Gamepass version of Final Fantasy XII after game services updated.

So, I did the sim update the other day. I have the store version, premium deluxe. My system is automatically logged in the Store when it comes up. I just started up the sim and it did not ask me any kind of setup question; it just started normally. I do not know what version of gaming services is running, and, truthfully don’t want to know. I did not do a detailed serarch of my settings, just went in and out. I’m not sure if I have this issue or not, but from what I’m readking, the sim would have asked some basic 1st-install questions if I did have the issue.

Buy to own, or GamePass, if I may ask? (Wondering if this is a GamePass issue)

Buy to own…

I also encountered that bug.

The options have all reset and are not saving anymore. Not even the control settings have been retained. Nothing. I am certainly not rebinding all my key assignments every time I want to fly.

I can not even change the language of the sim to EN-US anymore, because that requires a restart of the sim and then the options are all reset again. Infuriating, because the German translation is hideous.

Guess no more FS2020 for me until this is fixed. :expressionless: