Unable to add wind layer + wrong windspeed

If you look at the wind speed (in Knots) you are setting in the weather setup screen, it is X2 the wind speed reported by :

1. The simconnect variable
  2. The Airspeed indicator in the plane (if pointing straight into the wind)

This would tend to indicated that the slider in the Weather setup interface is calibrated to read twice as high as what it is setting.

===
It has been like this for ever.
Only recently, I also looked at the simconnect variable, and confirmed that that value matched the plane’s airspeed indicator, so conclude that the Weather Setup UI, has it’s windspeed range not set correctly.

Should be an easy one to fix, and make sure that this is really what is wrong.

Note: 100 knots is 51 Meters/sec ALSO a factor of 2, so maybe its some mess up with the Units ???

As for the rest of the weather system, I am beginning to wonder “whether the weather” will ever be fixed.

This is STILL an issue over a year later.

Perhaps my issue is due to incorrect conversions with METRIC/HYBRID set:

Wind set in the UI to 240/40km/h which ended up giving me almost 80kts. I know the wind was reported correctly in the aircraft due to my speed, and rate of descent I needed to keep that glideslope with such a tailwind.

HYBRID and METRIC are just such a mess. C’mon Asobo, you’re French and live in the metric/hybrid world! No more mucking around with this please. We need proper (non-US) units to fly with!

In this first example I have attempted to set roughly 240/20kts. Hybrid mode advises the wind is in km/hr. Why?!? Wind is never reported in km/hr in aviation! ONLY knots (US or hybrid), or m/s in the metric world of China and Russia! 20kts is roughly 38km/hr. Instead I have this wind at almost 70kts!

Setting the wind correctly has the UI showing the wind now at 10km/hr, giving 18kts

Solution:
The UI (or perhaps the entire hybrid/metric system) has been converted incorrectly.
10kts is 18km/hr - The sim is using 10km/hr = 18kts!

Please, give the non-US world some accuracy!

• Wind speeds reported correctly, including ATC, METAR and ATIS - and in the weather UI
  • QNH reported in hPa such as 1013 in ATC instructions, METAR and ATIS
  • Hybrid distances reported in NM, Visibilities reported in METRES (<8km), or KILOMETRES(=>8km), Pressure in hPa (such as 1013 - including a texture set for hPa on instrument panels), and weights in KILOGRAMS.

Don’t know about others, but I’m getting wind at any cruise levels from FL300 up coming from the south at 18 knots. That’s not live weather - it’s my selection in order to bypass the very erratic, violent wind with ridiculous changes in speed, direction - not to mention live weather’s severe up/downdraughts. I’ve tried switching to live then back with zero luck. The only aspect I have some semblance of control over are the cloud layers and partial control over winds at ground level. This problem is hugely exaggerated in the latest (December 22) PMDG 737 series update that they incorporated in order to compensate for this problem that reared its ugly head since the inception of gliders; the creation of thermals (both visual or not) was necessary, but they, somehow, changed the dynamics of the entire wind scenario. I hope that the upcoming March (so I’ve learned from FS YouTube channels) update will address this issue because it’s serious - at least from my perspective.

You’ve hit the nail on the head with regard to every aspect of this serious issue. And you’ve addressed it using vernacular that this ageing brain struggles with of late. Thank you!!