Unable to Purchase Products in Marketplace

Logged into MSFS, went to the Marketplace & tried to Buy/Download a product, but the Buy/Download buttons are pale & don’t respond to the Mouse.
Anything I can check to rectify this?
TG

1 Like

Try this:

The Marketplace and/or Online services are grayed out – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

If your running the game through steam then you need to enable steam overlay.

If not then the above post should hopefully solve it too:)

Thanks
Tried the suggestions in the article, without success.
I did read somewhere someone traced an issue back to something in their Community folder that MSFS did not like.
Plus, it’s not Steam, its the Monthly Sub.
Had no issues when purchasing about 2 weeks ago.
TG

Some have reported that they had to remove their payment type and re-enter it.

Thanks for your input.
I use Paypal & took it off then added it back, but no change.
However, there is something odd.
I have the Xbox Monthly Game Pass, [but I am using MSFS on a PC], & when Xbox Live starts it comes up with a message:

“Xbox Game Pass is Not available in your Region”

I went into the Microsoft/Xbox settings & they correctly reflect that I am in East Coast USA.
When I check the region[s] that Xbox Game pass is not available in, the only one I found was China.
I can still open & play MSFS, just not use the Market Place because Buy/Download is greyed out.
Any thoughts on this?
TG

1 Like

When MSFS connects to a server, is it connecting to a USA one?

This happened to me also - sort of. I could click on the buy or buy and download options but got a message ‘purchase failed’ etc…
Turns out the problem was that I had started opening MSFS under ‘run as administrator’ at some point and THAT was preventing me from using the Marketplace. Because I had originally opened the sim without taking that step, now that I was the connection was failing.
Once I closed MSFS and then opened it again normally, without running as admin I could again make purchases in Marketplace

3 Likes

Connected to East Coast USA.
I also just tried the log into MSFS “NOT AS” Administrator trick as that worked in the past, but not now.
Any how, I thought I had nailed it, & it was on me.
When MSFS was released the crazed early adopters figured out that if they set their Win10 Region to a 1st past the post country, they would get MSFS earlier then their actual location.
I went with Samoa & had forgotten that.
I have just changed Win10 Region to USA & the "XBox Game Pass Not Available in Your Region " message in Xbox, has gone.
However, “Buy/Download” still greyed out in Market Place.
Head scratcher.
TG

Try this time signing out of MSFS and signing back in, now that Xbox shows you are “OK”.

Nope.
I sign out of MSFS via menu from my ‘name’ image top right, it acknowledges I am signed out, then MSFS reverts to an early MSFS screen image & X Box pops up with my name & login filled in & has a ‘Lets Play’ green button.
I pressed that & it went on through to current MSFS screens , ready to set scenario. Marketplace Buy/DL still greyed out.
I haven’t found a way to log out & be presented with clean screens to input log in, then the password, as automated password things appear to be operating in the background.
TG

Do you have any other Xbox related apps? If so, try the same by signing out and then back in.

And you have no mods - so that’s not it.

You could try to uninstall the xbox app - restart pc - and reinstall. Do the same with other xbox related apps, if installed.

This topic (you will not like what solved it!) :grin: (and it may not work for you because what works for some may not for someone else):
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/marketplace-greyed-out/339646

I have one of the car sims. I’ll look at that.
& try other things b4 a reinstall of MSFS.
I noted in the saga you referenced he had the greyed out Mplace plus Photogrammetry turned ‘off’ after an update.
I have the same, & all my Graphics settings were dropped from Medium to Low. Which I didn’t notice when I flew yesterday :grinning:
Thanks for your help. I’ll see if I can hook a rabbit out of a hat.
TG

1 Like

I think I will kill 2 birds/ 1 stone etc.
I have been planning to go from Monthly Game Pass Standard MSFS version to the purchased Premier Deluxe version.
Can I get the latter other than via Marketplace, & what do I have to watch out for as regards licenses if I delete the Standard Version?
I would cut & paste existing Community folder to another holding drive to be put back on to Premier Deluxe , when it is installed.
TG

If you are on Game Pass, don’t make the mistake others have done by buying the upgrade. The upgrade still requires game pass.

Make the purchase through xbox. It should be around USD $120.

1 Like

Hi
I’m trying to go the $120 route but the PC/Msoft is automatically logging me into my Game Pass a/c then only presenting the $95.99 discounted ‘With Game Pass’ option.
If I take that then presumably I have to keep paying the Monthly Game Pass fee?
How can I bypass the Game Pass option & just get Premium Deluxe , with out Game Pass?
Thanks
TG
(On reflection, I think the answer is to cancel the Game Pass 1st)
However, after cancelling Game Pass I find it is still ‘live’ in Microsoft’s ‘books’, until 2/10/21, as I had paid 1 month in advance.
So Microsoft still wants to give me the GPass discount for a Premium Deluxe purchase.
Presumably, if I accept that, on 2/11/21 the game will freeze as I no longer have Game Pass?

Yes, so you do not want that one.

On Windows 10, use the MS Store app. Do a search for “Microsoft Flight Simulator”. It should show you 4 options:

1. Game Pass
    2-4. The stand alone versions

You can buy from that app.

1 Like

I had the same problem with a brand new PC built for MSFS 2020, and a new install of the game.

I am now able to purchase addon products in MSFS 2020 Marketplace. I called Microsoft support, and they somehow determined that my base installation of Windows 10 was corrupt, so they walked me through a fresh installation of Windows 10 on my computer, at which point I was able to start making purchases in MSFS 2020 Marketplace.

First they updated Windows 10, then they “repaired” and then “re-installed” Microsoft Store and the Xbox app on my computer, but nothing worked. Finally, they walked me through a reinstallation of Windows 10, and that worked.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is how they fixed my problem. So I would suggest you do the same in this order…

1. Update Windows 10 to the latest version (install all updates available)
  2. “Repair” you Microsoft Store and Xbox apps
  3. Reinstall your Microsoft Store and Xbox apps
  4. As a final resort, reinstall Windows 10 to the latest version

Even though my Windows 10 seemed to be running perfectly, and my computer is only 2 months old, Microsoft support said it had somehow become corrupted in the interface with Microsoft Store and Xbox, and in the end, they were right.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I am working my way through the purchase process & will give you some feedback on the experience when I achieve a stable state.
TG

Ok.
This what I found.
At the moment I am D/Loading MSFS Premium Deluxe. (PD)
In getting there I could not find a way to stop MS linking my Xbox Game Pass discount to the PD purchase. I logged out of the a/c, tried other things, but to no avail.
In the end I deleted the Xbox App & had to open a new Microsoft Account to get through the purchase process at full price.
So I currently have MS A/C ‘A’ which is linked to the still live, but uninstalled, Game Pass Standard MSFS, & MS A/C ‘B’, which is hooked into PD.
When I did the initial PD download it booted ok, then up came a "Press Any Screen to Continue’ message. Pressing a key did nothing.
I researched the issue & came across someone who had the same issue & fixed it by reinstalling the XBox App on their PC. I went that route & after also installing XBox Identifier, the next PD boot went right through to the D/Load 127 GB screen, to complete the installation.
As KodiakJac indicated, Win10, the Microsoft Store, your Microsoft A/C, The Xbox App & MSFS are all inextricably tied into each other.
Hopefully PD will run ok.
What I am waiting to see now is if a couple of Carenado aircraft I purchased via MS A/C ‘A’ can be made to install in PD!
TG

Postscript: The short answer is that the aircraft can’t be transferred from A/C A to A/C B.
However XBox support suggested I could apply for a refund from A/C A & then repurchase fo A/C B.
In the meantime I found that I could copy the aircraft out of the Standard MSFS & drop them in Premium Deluxe Community folder, & they work!.

1 Like