Unable to run or reinstall fs2020

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

fs2020 stopped loading. I get the “Launching game” counter, then I get an empty black window, then the game terminates with no messages. I uninstalled fs2020 and tried to install it again through the xbox app. Once the initial 2GB download finsihed, I tried to launch it from the xbox app and had the same issue… black window that terminates with no messages. running windows 11, signed in to both the store and xbox account (same account).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

outlined above

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia 537.42

PC specs and peripheral set up:

13900k, 4090

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1854149550824700549, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

could not redownload my MSfs from Xbox after formatting my pc please help

Hi, kids! My game launches normally, then passes the “Please insert disk, etc.” and then nothing, it doesn’t even go as far as the menu with the options, etc. It’s a new thing, it’s never happened to me before. I’ve never experienced this before. What can I do about it?

I traced my problem above to the following in the event viewer…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.34.16.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Researching that problem here, I found that disabling the windows audio service during fs2020 startup and then reenabling it on the main menu screen makes the problem go away. People have been having the issue off and on since 2021. fs2020 had worked flawlessly for me since the day it came it out. What caused it to happen now? My best guess is that running the windows troubleshooter for sound issues messed it up. I ran that shortly before I started seeing the problem. The troubleshooter did fix the sound problem, but whatever voodoo it did caused this problem in fs2020.

I dont have a permanent solution yet… asobo?

I resolved my problem by luckily having a restore point from just previous to when I ran the windows troubleshooter. This fixed the issue with fs2020 and I resolved the original audio issue another way. Note to self, do not try and run the windows troubleshooter for sound in the future…

Ok what I did was exhausting but i did it 1- uninstall msfs 2- uninstall all third party addons ( everything) 3- on my pc go to c: then user and look in all folders and sub folders and delete all files or folders named for msfs and any add on 4- restart ur pc 5- update windows 6- restart ur pc 7- go to Xbox and look for ur library or anywhere u see ur msfs and u will see install button is active press on it and it install the 2g main msfs 8- it will tell when ur msfs is ready to start 9- start it and as before it will show u the update choice choose it and set and cry till it finishes donwload 10- reinstall ur addons and be very choosy DO NOT reinstall any addon that u r not using
Hope this helps