Unable to save objects and polygons together

I have created scenery and SimObject packages, but I am unable to sequentially edit a scenery package over multiple simulator sessions.

Currently when I build my scenery package, my saved, placed objects appear in the scenery, when I click “load this asset group,” my polygons all appear and the saved scenery object placements disappear.

It seems obvious that it is some sort of disorder in my sources directories, as relates to the PackageDefinitions XML, but the relation eludes me.

Please elucidate.

<ItemSettings>

<ContentType>SCENERY</ContentType>

<Title>Woody Island</Title>

<Manufacturer/>

<Creator>=rk=</Creator>

</ItemSettings>

<Flags>

<VisibleInStore>false</VisibleInStore>

<CanBeReferenced>false</CanBeReferenced>

</Flags>

<AssetGroups>

<AssetGroup Name="ContentInfo">

<Type>Copy</Type>

<Flags>

<FSXCompatibility>false</FSXCompatibility>

</Flags>

<AssetDir>PackageDefinitions\zjyx-airport-sansha\ContentInfo\</AssetDir>

<OutputDir>ContentInfo</OutputDir>

</AssetGroup>

<AssetGroup Name="mymodellib">

<Type>ArtProj</Type>

<Flags>

</Flags>

<AssetDir>PackageSources\SanshaModelLib\</AssetDir>

<OutputDir>scenery\Sansha\</OutputDir>

</AssetGroup>

<AssetGroup Name="myscene">

<Type>BGL</Type>

<Flags>

</Flags>

<AssetDir>PackageSources\scene\</AssetDir>

<OutputDir>scenery\Sansha</OutputDir>

</AssetGroup>

<AssetGroup Name="myshapes">

<Type>BGL</Type>

<Flags>

</Flags>

<AssetDir>PackageSources\shapes</AssetDir>

<OutputDir>scenery\Sansha</OutputDir>

</AssetGroup>		

</AssetGroups>

You don’t have any Simobjects package source, maybe you mean scenery object/library objects

Without console output or xml content of the scene and shape packagesource Is difficult to find the problem

Please check:

<AssetDir> PackageSources\shapes</AssetDir>
Should be:
<AssetDir> PackageSources\shapes\</AssetDir>
Backslash missing? Can't check at the moment

Also:
<OutputDir> scenery\Sansha\</OutputDir>
Every example provide by sdk and every i made i Always use, without issues:
For scenes
<OutputDir>  scenery/world/scenery\</OutputDir>
For model lib

<OutputDir> scenery/global/scenery\</OutputDir>

Thank you so very much! All was as you’d suggested, closing back slash in the right places, I changed the file structure to a more traditional format as you’d recommended, it did not change anything, but it helped confirm paths were not the issue.

It was me and where I had been saving my object placement file. When I first established this particular package, I had been required to select save paths for the polygon file, which I had intended to be “shapes” and also, select a path for the model object placements file, which I had intended to be “scene.”

After I established the shapes folder and save path, I was not prompted to find a path for the polygon file, every time I saved - and it would reload each time, as expected.
This was not the case with the objects file, until I arbitrarily decided to copy/paste it into the shapes folder, not even saving it there from within developer mode - and that worked!

So thanks again, I have over 100 custom objects to place, plus whatever default ones, so I’ll never finish in a single session.

1 Like