Unacknowledged Xbox Update 1.23.13.0 March 9 2022

I’m talking about the 7GB update we got.

2 Likes

So am I.

It appears to be SU8.

Or a quick fix after SU8 released. PC got one of those, too.

1 Like

Can you give me a source as to where MS/Asobo talked about this 7GB update?

5 Likes

I was quite clear with my wording, and it seems you read more into my post than I ever wrote.

I said they talked at length about SU8 and I see nothing in this latest patch that leads me to believe it is anything but a quick fix for SU8. To, for example, lock out the 787 everyone accidentally got for free for a couple days.

1 Like

I know mate, but no one has any proof of what the update consisted of, that’s what we are trying to accomplish, trying to get answers and the silence from MS/Asobo is not a good move on their part and its not just the update, bugs like the black avionics, we continuously ask but we don’t hear a single word about it and an increasing number of people are leaving because of it.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about people leaving an 18 month old game. MSFS reached peak players months ago. And folks who rage over nothing do little to contribute to a community anyway.

My working theory (since we do not have an official explanation) is the first patch was flawed and gave people without the Premium/Deluxe version access to the 787 so they hot fixed it (and patches can be surprisingly large on Xbox even for simple fixes… they often have to replace large, whole chunks of code with new code, even when it is identical).

And the hot fix basically gave us SU8 as described by the patch notes, so there was no need to update them… although they could have admitted to accidentally giving folks a free plane for a couple days… but it appears they chose not to.

Every other bug I have seen people linking to this new patch seems to predate the patch itself… just humans like to look for patterns so they are quick to assume the newest patch is the source of all their problems even though time and again, there is evidence of these issues either coming with the first SU8 patch, or predating it entirely.

TLDR: Is there any hard evidence this mystery patch broke anything that wasn’t already broken? Because I really haven’t seen any in this very long thread. Just people lumping every bug they discover into a pile and blaming the mystery patch as the source. The only difference I can confirm is now the 787 only belongs to folks who own it.

1 Like

The real issue here isn’t what may or may not have broken in this update. It’s not even really the fact that Xbox got an extra update after the 1.23.12.0 SU8 update that MS Store and Steam users didn’t get, putting them up 1 version. And for those with the PD editions, it was a 35GB update, so not an insiginificant one.

What ■■■■■■ people off is that there were no patch notes attached to this update, and there’s been no comment from any official source (CMs) even acknowledging that this patch was pushed out. Absolutely nothing. Any and all comments in this thread and in the official SU8 thread have been ignored by the CMs.

It’s been asked many times here. It’s been asked many times in the SU8 thread - often with CMs tagged in the post. But those questions have been ignored. And I don’t know about you, but I find it’s rather insulting to be overtly ignored when you’re talking to someone. Particularly when you’re a customer of said organization. So I can quite understand why people are ■■■■■■ off about this.

To be clear, I’m in no way blaming the CMs. They can’t say anything about anything unless they’ve been cleared to do so through their chain of command. While they may run this forum and the various social platforms, they’re basically the bottom rung in the MSFS branch of the MS ladder.

8 Likes

I’m just trying to Occam’s Razor this because we don’t have an official statement.

So, I go to, “Why wouldn’t they officially acknowledge the latest update?”

And the simple answer I come around to is, “Because it removed content. The 787. And admitting you took something away, even if it was never meant to be in the possession of Standard Edition users is bad PR.”

It reminds me of when clouds got a downgrade in SU5, which also went unacknowledged. Another situation where something got taken away, which would be an embarrassment to admit.

All I can do is theorize. But I just don’t see evidence of this latest patch being anything but SU8… just with the 787 blocked for folks who don’t own it.

1 Like

I’m not sure removing content they accidentally gave someone would have generated the rage that the silence currently is. A simple “We accidentally gave access to something the Standard Edition owners shouldn’t have had access to and removed it” comment would have been all that was needed.

Sure, the ‘entitled’ folks (a small percentage of all users) would have been miffed and throwing a fit that they had to give back what they weren’t entitled to, but most people wouldn’t have even given this a second thought after that. A simple short paragraphy explaining what the update was about would have been all that was needed to prevent this whole mess.

I know you brought up that SU5 cloud thing before. It was WAY more than the clouds that got messed up with SU5. While it improved performance overall, it was a at the cost of massive a graphical downgrade all around to make the PC and Xbox versions “equal”. And they also broke all kinds of things in the sim besides graphics and made controls way worse for mouse and keyboard in order to make it Xbox controller friendly, including breaking a bunch of stuff for the VR folks. There are things they broke in SU5 that are still broken today. One of the biggest ones (departing traffic) was only just fixed now in SU8. As far as I’m concerned, they basically went into hiding after having dropped that steaming pile of dung on their paying PC customers in order to make it fit on Xbox. They didn’t want to deal with the fallout. In fairness, they did fix some of the more pressing SU5 issues

And that’s what it seems like they’re doing here again. For whatever reason, they’re choosing to ignore the community. So to me, that suggests something “off” they’re hoping everyone will just forget about if they just lay low for 3 weeks without comment until the next update (WU8) comes out. And then this thread will just fade away, get locked, and never be seen or spoken of again.

5 Likes

Yeah, seems we are basically on the same page here. And your working theory is my second favorite, next to my own. They uploaded the wrong patch… Oops! And quickly fixed it when the weekend ended.

And I agree, an explanation would have staved off some drama for sure. But at this point, I don’t think we will get any unless it is asked during next week’s Q&A.

It sure does seem like a boneheaded mistake was made and .13 quickly, and silently covered the mistake.

4 Likes

SU8 worked for people fine. Then this update 13 came out, and things stopped working for people. Some people the options were unable to be changed or used. Some people developed new stutters. Some people had fixes reverted. For two days SU8 was fine for people, this update 13, which if you are on PC you know the current PC version is 12, this update had serious problems for some people. Not all people, but some. While you aren’t experiencing those issues, other people are.

I have heard this many times, but I remain skeptical.

This predated .13 on XBOX. I can confirm this first hand, as I first noticed it when testing on the Cloud version, which was also greyed out with version .12 and I thought nothing of it because it was on the cloud, so what good would a cache be? I even went so far as to figure giving users space to use rolling cache on the cloud could be a vulnerability. How much SSD space should a cloud gamer have access to in MSFS?

I only realized this was an Xbox thing instead of a cloud thing a week later when folks began to report it, but it took like, a full week for it to even be noticed and mentioned in here. So, it is safe to assume not all issues from .12 were thoroughly vetted and noticed in here before .13 replaced it. In this case, the issue predated the mystery patch, folks just hadn’t talked about it in here… yet. So folks were quick to blame it on .13.

The Series X has had a notorious stutter on or near ground for quite some time, and there are already epic threads about this issue. I have been waiting to hear of such problems on the Series S as that would raise the red flags of a new problem.

I have been hearing increased grumblings on the PC side, too. So SU8 may have introduced some extra stuttering, on top of the classic Series X stutter, but that seems like it could be a universal issue shared between PC and Xbox Series X, and therefore, likely a SU8 issue, rather than a .13 issue. Or, it could be people noticing stutters that were already there because some humans might look for new issues AFTER a patch far more closely than they look before a patch.

This is a fairly common occurrence with any prior SU. Doesn’t seem to happen every time or to every one. Maybe I misunderstand this point.

So, like I said, the only thing I can confirm has changed between .12 and .13 is the 787 was locked for people who don’t own it. Everything else you mentioned likely either predates SU8 entirely, or came with the .12 version too (and folks just hadn’t publicly noticed yet).

Now, I agree .13 could have reset some settings for some people, but that is common enough with a SU, and is not an Xbox exclusive experience.

All I can confirm is:

1. It was annoying to install.
  2. It locked the 787

So it really does appear to me to be SU8 as the devs intended to release it, and without the free plane for folks who didn’t own it.

1 Like

Asobo are you just going to keep ignoring this?

3 Likes

was it just the 787? I thought it was all premium deluxe content

1 Like

I don’t recall, as the issue didn’t effect me. If so, I think the mystery of the patch might be solved! :joy:

It was all premium deluxe content. The custom San Francisco Airport was in the map too. I was one of the ones who received the xtra content but after update 13 it was removed.

1 Like

MS/Asobo accidentally unlocks a $60 package… and .13 locks it back away, and we’ve had what, a 700+ post thread treating this like some big mystery?! :joy:

1 Like

I preordered the Premium Deluxe Package. Now it’s been STOLEN by M$-A$OBO

Here’s proof. I don’t have the 787, Steam Cessna 172, or any of the other premium features I PAID FOR. No one seems to be able to do anything about it. None of the community managers have reached out to try to fix this.

Proof above. If I want to download what I already paid for, I need to buy it AGAIN. ■■■

You are missing the point - the point is that they failed to say what the update was for and it has caused issues for many - just because you don’t have any is not the point.

Personally it has wrecked London for me, the detail is now gone and looks like a post apocalyptic bomb site, yes i do have the London update installed.

It is unfair to just whitewash over these issues simply because “I’m alright Jack” :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t know how I could miss a point I myself have made repeatedly. We know the patch has gone unanswered. That’s why this thread exists and why we are here guessing what was patched. How often must it be repeated by each of us?