Uncontrolled Airfield O52 Sutter County

Hi, you can call me: Enki

I am Flying Microsoft Flight Simulator on: Xbox Series S and Windows 10 PC

I want to try flight simulation because: I flew Flight Sim 95 en-route to obtaining my Private Pilots license and would like resume training.

I’m most interested in learning about Flight Planning in Microsoft Flight Simulator: O52 Sutter County Airport is my home base.

O52 is a uncontrolled airfield, Unicom 122.7. When I was a student pilot, I was instructed to contact “Sutter County Traffic 3 miles out for the active” If the wind was from the South the response was “Right Hand Traffic Runway 17” As I approached the pattern I would call out “Aircraft Tail number entering Downwind Midfield at a 45 degree angle for Right-hand Traffic Runway 17” Never Lefthand Traffic Runway 17. This is so we didn’t interfere with traffic out of the Yuba County Airport. I would really like to practice this arrival procedure on the simulator. This may be a big ask but it would make FS 2020 XBox -S a bit more useful.
Here is the Runway Information from AirNav http://www.airnav.com/airport/o52

Runway 17/35
Dimensions: 3045 x 75 ft. / 928 x 23 m
Surface: asphalt, in good condition
Runway edge lights: medium intensity
RUNWAY 17
Latitude: 39-07.669062N 39-07.171587N
Longitude: 121-36.280470W 121-36.363602W
Elevation: 59.6 ft. 57.9 ft.
Traffic pattern: right
Markings: basic, in good condition basic, in good condition
Visual slope indicator: 2-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)
Runway end identifier lights: yes
Touchdown point: yes, no lights
Obstructions: none 65 ft. trees, 1488 ft. from runway, 20:1 slope to clear

Check this out you may be interested

2 Likes

Is this available for the Xbox -S ?

Only on PC but you mentioned you played on PC as well

Yes, I did. Thank you for the quick reply. I primarily use the Xbox now. I will reinstall it on my PC so I can and will check out your mod.

1 Like

Hello, Enki. Love the meteor shower from the debris trail of your comet from thousands of years ago.
Enki was the destroyer of the antediluvian world. You sure you wouldn’t rather be called Enlil? Just an observation, and I couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

Aloha! Maybe I should do more research before choosing a Gamer tag! “Enki was the destroyer of the antediluvian world?” It kinda has a ring to it "

2 Likes

There was a great argument between Enki and Enlil about the people of the world at the time. Enki thought they should be destroyed, and Enlil told the people living at the time to prepare for a disaster. I forget where, but I think it’s in the Epoch of Gilgamesh, the oldest story of the ancient world. Historians have cause to believe that it’s the Noah story because of the similarities. Almost every ancient civilization has an ancient flood story. The battle of Enki vs Enlil is the sumerian version. Their history goes back about as far as the Egyptian ancient Kings List, suggesting mankind has been around for over 400,000 years. I imagine you probably already knew some of this, given the name, but it’s definitely one of my favorite subjects.

1 Like