Uneven Ground East of Los Angeles

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Uneven ground east of Los Angeles in SU9 Beta (every time I fly over it)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Take off from Los Angeles and head east toward Las Vegas. After flying over the Sierra Nevada mountain range, you’ll see this for 5-10 miles or so.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Windows 11, i9-10850k, 32 gig memory, RTX 3070

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

as he said fly out of LAX and head direct east towards LAS. You will see the uneven terrains looking like canyons with floating objects

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

@DestructZero915 , @crazymaherm , do you have coordinates? There is a menu option in Developer Mode to get coordinates.

Also, if you are seeing this issue, don’t forget to vote for it!

There are several in the area and you really can’t miss them. Until today they seemed to remain stationery, but when I flew over them just now they began to morph and “respawn”. But just for the record, here are the two that I recorded:

Lat = 34.474403
Lon = -117.273900

Lat = 34.367334
Lon = -117.435159

1 Like

Confirm

I have the same problem north and east of Los Angeles. To see it, all you have to do is spawn at KVCV (Southern California Logistics). There are terrain anomalies in all directions around the airport. I am very familiar with this area in the sim, because I do all my test flying of new aircraft from KVCV, and was once stationed at this airport in r/w when it was still George AFB. This issue definitely started with SU9 beta - it was fine before.

This issue is pretty much everywhere! I have it in Iran also and have reported it! Not sure what they did that caused so many terrain related spikes/issues… Hope they fix it.