Unexpected and sudden loss of all 120GB game content, redownload

MS help desk is a bunch of useless punks. They give tips as if they didn’t have a clue about IT. To me this looks like some dumb AI replies. I experienced their pathetic reply in one issue I filed in Zendesk. Really useless.

I only use cable and not WiFi as I don’t have it in my PC. How could this even be related? What does deleting files have in common with network connection? It’s just some bug they need to address. MS Zendesk support claimed that low performance issues and crash to desktop issues are related to user, but after some time it turned out (surprise, surprise) Asobo addressed them with code fixes.
So generally MS support give b*sh1t replies just to tick off / close a bug report, but they don’t really help.

I’m still downloading. With my internet connection it takes 14 hours :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Happened to me too. Steam edition. This sim is total junk! Shall not be reinstalling if it happens again, and accept I was conned out of my money by all the pre-release bulllshit!

1 Like

Maybe it’s not a total junk, as when it works it’s a pretty nice game, but so major issues should never happen, especially if there’s so much data to be downloaded again! It’s something that could happen maybe in alpha version, but not in stable (?) after 2 patches already.

I will file a bug report in Zendesk. Please do it as well - they may miss this thread in forum, but should check every Zendesk report and note there are more cases like this.
Also - please upvote this thread, so it gains visibility. All to make sure Asobo notice there’s an issue and fixes it so it won’t happen again to us in the future.

Already voted. Have a great Sunday!

Thanks and you!

BTW. I don’t see this issue as part of - Known Issues - (Last modified: 9/23/2020) thread, so it’s important we do everything we can to notify MS/Asobo of it.

To be honest I don’t think Asobo have much intentions of fixing that much. I hardly use MSFS much as I have lost interest. I invest most of my flying time in DCS.

I don’t think this sim will still be around this time next year except the fanboys will be happy with all the buggy aircraft :star_struck: :smile:

Nah, I think most bugs will be fixed. Whining users is not a good commercial for the title. The question is: when are they going to fix it.
The game is awesome when it works. It sells like crazy and I think the general feedback is very positive. Also from the review web pages.
It’s just it has so many frustrating bugs. It’s sort-of normal for software, especially complicated one to have bugs at launch. I think it will improve, but it’s just annoying at the moment. They should have waited 6 months more and test it better before final release. But apparently MS needed money earlier to develop and enhance their Bing photogrammatry, so they launched it faster.

I just thought I’m gonna backup the whole content to my NAS just in case it happens again. I’ll just wait until it’s done and will zip it and upload. I think you guys should do a similar thing. Redownloading takes ages. It doesn’t even use my connection fully, but like 50-60% of it, so it’s taking even more time.
I’ve never spent time troubleshooting any game before and for this one I filed already 6 Zendesk issues. It’s pretty buggy.

I had the same issue here, and I am struggling with the download issue as bonus. I will make a backup folder in other drive.

Welcome to the club. What’s your download issue? Mine is slow but progresses forward all the time

It stops every 2GiB, so I am restarting the game to download next 2GiB until I finish

Dam’, this must be super frustrating. I’m piss3d off on the lost content, but at least I don’t have to monitor the download process. They screwed the game up really. So many little, frustrating glitches, even with installation. Please upvote the thread

Voted! I am asking to Asobo/Microsoft put full game content on Steam

1 Like

Yeah, that would be awesome. MS sucks at digital distribution.

2 Likes

Make a backup of your Community and Official folders. If it hapens again, copy those folders back to their original location, and the update will be very short.

1 Like

And for the 4th time msfs steam edition unistalled its self ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah…what a bad work my f…god.
Anyway hope i can help somebody becouse it didnt help me for sure…this is what microsoft send me about the problem:
Our team has identified several issues that are likely to prevent some users from downloading or updating the sim after the latest update. Below you will find workarounds to help you get back in the sim.

1. Packet losses
If you’re using WiFi try using an ethernet cable instead. Some users reported that using a wired connection immediately fixed the problem with no additional troubleshooting needed.

2. Credentials are not synchronized across apps/Xbox Live login issues
Make sure to log in with the same account everywhere:

1. Log out of the Microsoft Store app

Step 1: Open The Windows Store app, and click on the user icon located on the top right-hand side of the window.

Step 2: Select the user name, and click on Sign out.

Step 3: Close the Store app, open it again, and check if you are logged out of the Microsoft Account in Windows Store.

1. Log out of the Xbox App (if installed)

Step 1: Launch the Xbox app

Step 2: Click on the icon in the top right-hand side of the screen

Step 3: Select Sign Out

1. Sign out of Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 2: Click on your icon in the top right-hand side corner of the screen

Step 3: Click on Sign out

1. Reboot the computer

2. Sign back in the Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 1: Open The Windows Store app, and click on the icon located on the top right-hand side of the window.

Step 2: Click on Sign in

Step 3: Select your account in the list

Step 4: Enter your credentials (if prompted)

1. Sign back in the Xbox App with the credentials of the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 1: Launch the Xbox app

Step 2: Click on the icon in the top right-hand side of the screen

Step 3: Select Sign-in

Step 4: Select the account in the list and click Continue

Step 5: Enter your credentials (if prompted)

Step 6: Click on Let’s play

1. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator as an administrator and sign back with the credentials of the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

3. The download is stuck (attempting to download the same file over and over) or stalled

A) Use Netlimiter

Some users reported that using Netlimiter and setting the download speed between 5 and 20 Mbps helped them bypass the looping issue.

B) Disable Window Auto-tuning

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
  • In the menu select “Run as administrator”
  • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
  • Press enter
  • Reboot your computer

C) Launch the local save

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Flight Simulator app and packages (See step II from our articles How to repair or remove Microsoft Flight Simulator on Microsoft Store or on Steam )
    2. Reinstall the Microsoft Flight Simulator app (See: Download & Installation guides )
    3. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator as an administrator
    • Type “Flight Simulator” in the Windows Search bar and select “Run as administrator” in the menu that appears.
    1. Unplug your Ethernet cable or turn off your wifi
    2. Continue through the menu that appears on the screen
    3. The sim will crash when loading. Press Alt-F4
    4. Plug your internet back and launch the sim as administrator again
    5. A pop up will appear asking to choose between the cloud save or the local save. Select “the one on this device.”
    6. Follow the instructions on the screen and point to the correct game path
    7. Wait for the core packages to finish downloading and installing
    8. Go to Content Manager and select the additional packages you want to download and install
    9. Restart the game

4. Data cap
It is possible that you have reached the Data limit cap you have set up, which prevents you from downloading additional data. The data cap will reset at the date you have set up. By default, it should be on the first day of every month, unless you have selected a different day.

5. Only 2 aircrafts
Finally, if you see only 2 aircraft in the hangar:

1. Go to Content Manager
  2. Select the additional packages you want to download and install
  3. Restart the game
1 Like

I agree. This sim will be dead in a year or less. It should have been named Microsoft Flight 2. It’s sometimes a nice scenery simulator. But that’s it. It fails at everything else.

2 Likes

I will do that

At the moment you cant buy a joystick or other controller for love nor money. Once MS Flight 2 dies they will be on eBay a penny for a dozen :smile: