Uninstall \ Reinstall issues

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. I did but they are currently removed

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?no

Brief description of the issue:After experiencing many difficulties after the widely mentioned “out of date” in game update I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Since the game was installed on my D: drive instaed of C: when I uninstalled it did not remove the space from D: drive. After a second attempt I decided to format the D: drive and reset windows on drive C: So with a completely fresh install of windows and the game the first thing I noticed is the Folder MSFS in drive D: which was where the community folder was in the first installment is not there. The community folder following the path on drive C: does not display my addons in the game and there is no other path or community folder I can find on drive D: I’m not sure what to do from here as I have reinstalled the game multiple times now and it’s getting old.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)ryzen 5600 / rtx 3070

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?yes

Hi
Do you mean upon reinstalling you now don’t have your own scenery/liveries?
When you completely uninstall, your community folder is also deleted (with all its files).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled 4-5 times in several weeks. Now I creat a Temp Community folder on the desktop, and pre-move all files in the MSFS community folder into this temp one, before doing anything with installing or for that matter, updates. Then, when the installation/update has been done, I now more back into the newly created MSFS Community folder, only the files I am using to fly on the next occasion (e.g. all Norwegian airports). This seems to work realy well. Hope this helps.

What happend was upon reinstalling the game the MSFS folder in drive D that originally had the community folder did not appear. The game is installed in the D: there is a community folder in drive C: at users/me/app data/ etc… but when I installed the livery’s there they did not show up in the game.

sounds as though the paths are confused, so it’s not matching. Easier to have it all in 1 drive if possible…maybe not?

My windows ssd is small although I could probably squeeze it on there there wouldn’t be much room for anything else. What confuses me is the first install everything was fine and it created a separate MSFS folder in the D: drive with its own community folder. After uninstalling , formatting, then reinstalling that folder didn’t appear on D: ?!? This game has so many little glitches they still need to work out.

yes…at a loss to think why…perhaps someone else may know…good luck with it regardless

Believe it or not the problem resolved itself after this recent update now the files are showing in the game

excellent…have fun