Unlocked Jack Of All Planes Today!

Let me know what happens!

Yes you can use the Ai pilot no problems.
If youā€™re going for it I think itā€™s best to keep a note of the ones that youā€™ve done and make sure the tracker goes up 5% each time, I had to redo a few because one did not count.

just flown the JMB from EGLL to EGPD (Heathrow to Aberdeen) was on 75% now 80% just to figure which planes are missing

After 250 hours Iā€™m finally inspired to do this without any AI assist. Because Iā€™ve been addicted to increasing sim rate I was only at 5% so itā€™s easy to create a chart of all the planes and cross each off as it increases 5%. I had to unmap sim rate key-binding, though, to avoid accidentally hitting it. Iā€™m assuming you canā€™t ā€œre-fuelā€ en route so have max out fuel on smaller planes and plan carefully to make it at least 261NM without running out of fuel.

1 Like

I was finally able to reverse-engineer which planes had previously registered before I started tracking.

A couple things Iā€™ve noticed.

If you have a slow plane, feel free to go to preset weather and give yourself a very strong tail wind! Just be sure to turn off gusts, and only slowly increase and decrease the wind to prevent stalls and over-speeds.

Iā€™ve increased fuel in flight with the fuel menu, and that has not prevented it from registering complete.

You canā€™t fly with any improvement mods. So, donā€™t fly the TBM with Mugz mod, for example, fly it stock. Thatā€™s how I finally got it to register.

Having the G1000 NXi installed was no problem, so no need to uninstall that. I completed a leg with the C172 G1000 with NXi.

I havenā€™t tried AI piloting. That will come in handy when flying the other planes w/o any type of autopilot.

1 Like

another small question does pausing to menu not register the flight?

I have completed flights and used the ESC key pause often.

i would test it but im not sure what planes are missing out of the 80% done :slight_smile:

As I work through the list of 20 planes I can say the key things for me:

• You can enable ā€œAI pilotā€ anytime (useful for planes without auto pilot)
  • You can refuel in the air.
  • 261NM+ is all you need.

The biggest annoyance:

• I canā€™t figure out how to prevent it from going to the ā€œoptionsā€ screen after a short period (10-15 mins?) of not touching the controls, but hitting esc and going back doesnā€™t affect achievement.

Being forced to fly each of the base planes for a few hours Iā€™m realizing there are some really good ones in the base game, and itā€™s fun planing the routes and doing them in real time. I also do a quick test flight to make sure I can land the plane easily before starting a 2-3 hour flight.

1 Like

just completed it and the landing rate was -35 in the zlin savage cub with poor visibility and 12kt sidewinds

1 Like

congatz! Iā€™m glad it worked for somebody!

My progress was halted recently when I couldnā€™t figure out why my flights would not register against this achievement. At first I thought maybe it was SU9 beta, but after several experiments the best I can determine is you need to make sure you are going between ā€œtoweredā€ airports with ATC. Thatā€™s the only thing I could see that was different between my ā€œfailā€ vs" success" flights and making sure I get clearance, etc. for take-off and landing. Iā€™ve done all the easy ones but the ā€œhardā€ ones are left (slower planes with no AP).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.