Unwanted pop-up windows are blocking my view. New Sim 12 beta

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

no

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

Brief description of the issue:

Unwanted pop-up window after Sim 1.31.18.0 update. I can’t remove it somehow and it is so annoying. I always run the game in 5120X2160 and never had an issue until the new Sim 12 beta.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 223154

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and peripheral set up:

5K monitor + RTX 4090

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Topic moved into the Beta forum.

Our team was unable to reproduce this issue - could it be related to your monitor? We tested under these circumstances:

• Windowed or Full Screen, 1920X1080, Anti-Aliasing = DLSS Super Resolution, DX12 (Beta), Rendering Quality = Ultra

• Windowed or Full Screen, 1920X12000, Anti-Aliasing = DLSS Super Resolution, DX12 (Beta), Rendering Quality = Ultra

• Windowed or Full Screen, 1920X1080, Anti-Aliasing = TAA, DX12 (Beta), Rendering Quality = Ultra

• Windowed or Full Screen, 1920X1200, Anti-Aliasing = TAA, DX12 (Beta), Rendering Quality = Ultra

• Windowed screen spread across two monitors to mimic an ultrawide, Anti-Aliasing = TAA, DX12 (Beta), Rendering Quality = Ultra

• Windowed screen spread across two monitors to mimic an ultrawide, Anti-Aliasing = DLSS Super Resolution, DX12 (Beta), Rendering

Hello there, Thanks for looking into this.
as I attached my Graphic settings in the pics.
I’m always running on a 5K Ultrawide monitor, 5120X2160 on Ultra in the Sim
Those pop-up windows disappear when I lower the resolution to 3440x1440

FYI, I resolved this issue by downgrading it to Sim 1.30.12.0

1 Like

I’ve had a similar sort of thing happening with the nav log, see report here;

Possible regression; Nav log going ‘full screen’ in Bush trip - Sim Update 12 Beta / User Interface & Online Activities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

@armotech007 Do you happen to have //42’s Flow installed? Disabling this just fixed the issue I had. Could still be something else as well of course.

Hi, I didn’t get a chance to test it
but downgraded to 1.30.12.0 and this issue seems resolved.

sure, but did you have Flow installed?

Oh, The flow addon. Yes, I always have it in my community folder. never had any issues with it until the Sim 12 beta.

that was likely the cause then from my testing

I also have this issue. Sorry i did not see this post.

Here is my post:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/some-graphics-are-blown-up-when-in-full-screen/578377

I will try without Flow.

Removed Flow Pro. All fine without it.

I guess we need to contact them.

Hi all,

We have reported the issue to Asobo in the dev support ([SU12 Beta] In Game Panels can now be wider than the simulation viewport - MSFS DevSupport)

Unfortunately there’s nothing that can be done on our end to improve or fix the situation. We’ll have to wait until the next beta to see if they’ll do anything about it.

1 Like

I’m pleased to announce that, with the help of Asobo, we have found a solution and have updated Flow to work with SU12.

This issue shouldn’t exist anymore.

2 Likes

updated this morning. and no more random windows. thank you

Fixed in SU12.