(Update 06/21: WU5 and OrbX Mesh Hotfix) [Freeware] Iceland Overhaul

Great stuff, thanks for that. I also was a bit disappointed in Iceland (and Greenland) and I will be glad to check this out and will visit BIIS :slight_smile:

Fixing up the area around BIIS bit more at this exact moment! Going to update in a few hours or earlier.
(nvm got the update now after some quick testing)

2 Likes

Check the update!

3 Likes

Great job thanks !

1 Like

This looks fantastic! I would like to fix the terrain around the islands where I live and would greatly appreciate just a few roughh pointers in the right direction where I can find the tools and know-how to make adjustments like you have done here. Many thanks :slight_smile:

The same for me, to repair for exmple this :slight_smile:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/big-sink-in-river-moselle-by-edrk/196091

The main tool you’ll need is the polygon/rectangle objects available in the SDK. You can mess with the properties section once you place them down to do quiet a bit of different things!

This should be a decent enough guide to get started, Just need to download the SDK from within the game. You can do this by enabling developer mode in the options menu, clicking help on the new toolbar up top, and clicking SDK Installer. If you have any specific questions along the way lemme know!

4 Likes

Check my reply to MAJORTINZ!

1 Like

Many thanks!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Amazing work thanks, you rock!

1 Like

Thank you so much baddweapon. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I made a quick check in BIIS, BIEG and BIAR and in those three places it looks now exactly like I remember it from my visit. Great Work! But if you plan to update it, think of giving your download a version number!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I didnt think about that but will do!

This is cool but when is this going to be part of the core product? Imagine fixing every corner of the world this way, and then having all that offline data totally detached from the actual product.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe in months or a year. With everything they’re working on post launch it’s hard to tell :frowning:

I would love you forever, if you could fix the hill next to EFHK. You’ll see it near rwy 33…
There goes motor way like roller coaster. Not funny!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Already done? Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Now we can enjoy Iceland. Hopefully Asobo/MS will fix soon BIKF Keflavik…

1 Like