The P-38L is now available! Grab it here: P-38L Lightning for Microsoft Flight Simulator – FlyingIron Simulations
It’s been somewhat of an open secret so far, but today we’re very excited to be officially announcing our P-38L Lightning for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
Our P-38 has been in development for the last 6 months or so and has been in closed beta testing for the last month. With the final polish being added now, as well as some new niceties such as an installer & updater app, we are just around the corner from our website release!
As with the Spitfire, the MS Marketplace launch will be slightly behind our website launch (approximately 4-6 weeks) as we wait for Asobo to sign off & upload the P-38 to the marketplace.
We are expecting to launch the P-38 on our website towards the end of September!
Some key features of our P-38 Lightning simulation:
- Incredibly detailed modelling, texturing, lighting & artwork
- Hi-fidelity Wwise Sound Package, using sounds recorded from a real P-38 Lightning
- Highly realistic Flight Model, fine-tuned down to the smallest details
- Realistic simulation of the twin, counter-rotating Alison V-1710 1600 HP engines powering the Curtiss 3-blade constant speed Props. This includes our custom temperature model, realistic engine management, prop feathering and failures for an immersive flight experience.
- Detailed custom systems modelling, including fuel, electrical, oxygen and starter systems powered by over 9000 lines of code!
- Modern Radio & Transponder integration, as well as an optional in-cockpit Garmin 430 GPS
- Optional drop-tanks for extended range flights
- Unique features such as Particle FX, canopy blowouts and blackouts!
- Plus much more!
WELCOME GOTGRAVEL TO THE FLYINGIRON TEAM!
Today we’d also like to officially welcome our newest member to the team, Raimond - better known in the Flight Sim world as GotGravel! Raimond is an experienced MSFS developer who specializes in Flight Model & Engine development. He also has over 38 years of experience in computer programming in more than 25 different code languages. He has been responsible for the creation of the Flight Model of the recently released Gee Bee R3 Special, as well as several excellent freeware aircraft and has also contributed to various other aircraft projects.
Raimond has been working with us for months already, overhauling & tweaking our Spitfire Flight Model to perfection, so many of you will already be familiar with the quality of his work. On top of that, Raimond has taken on the Flight Modelling duties for our P-38L and he has done a superb job!
Raimond aka GotGravel will now officially be apart of our MSFS team as our Flight Model developer, as well as taking on more programming duties to leverage his experience. This now brings the very exclusive FlyingIron family up to a team of 3, allowing us to develop better quality aircraft for MSFS, faster. It also frees up Alex & myself to put some more man-hours into our A7 Corsair module. Exciting times!
You can join GotGravel’s discord server for a full list of his available aircraft, join in around the world flights and acquire lots of excellent MSFS flying resources: Join Here!
Thanks guys & from all of us, stay safe!
Dan & Alex