[UPDATE 2.0] FlyTampa - KLAS & Las Vegas

The latest update 2.0 for FlyTampa’s KLAS with city is excellent. I really appreciate when a developer keeps refining and expanding their existing product.

We now have the Sphere present with multiple animations, monorail with animated trains, Circa hotel with stadium swim + animated wall and more.

13 Likes

FlyTampa is one of the best around. I was silly to buy these on the Market Place. It’s probably going to take ages again before it’s updated there. Grrrrr…

1 Like

They claim performance has bee improved too — is this evident? Just wondering how the improvements are going to affect Xbox…

Improved performance is what they say but I dont think so. Im running a 4090 with FG and it stutters the moment I look at the strip. According to FlyTampa there is no way to turn certain things off like we where able to do in P3D…not sure how there is not a way? Needless to say the update looks great and I love all the additions but I think I will be flying elsewhere for now…

Stutters indicate you’re likely CPU and/or storage bandwidth limited. Your GPU isn’t going to help that.

I’ve been using this on the Xbox. I did fly past it today and there was a slight bit of lag but I think that might have been the new F14 issue.
I’ll try later with something different.

Ehh, yeah I guess you are right…I have a i9-9900k if that helps…may need to upgrade :frowning:

Look on the bright side - you can replace your CPU, processor and RAM for less than the cost of that videocard, lol.

2 Likes

Still no update on simmarket tho

You have to redownload the FlyTampa updater from SimmMarket and rerun it. That will pick up any updates.

Love this update, the sphere :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for the input :slight_smile:

Playing in VR, I landed the H160 next to it and just watched the globe animation for a while and then a train came by on the adjacent monorail track. Very immersive.

Also, they didn’t just use a simple hemisphere object for the Sphere, they actually did replicate the mesh structure and the inner venue sphere. Great attention to detail by FlyTampa.

I haven’t had an issue with it on Xbox in a long time. I haven’t flown there in awhile but I didn’t get many CTDs at all when I used to fly there a bunch after whatever previous update they made.

People seem loving more candies, but the ILS glideslope is still broken, seems nobody cares incl. developer.

1 Like

It’s definitely the i9-9900K and obviously your DDR4 RAM. I was there a few months back. Just wait till you get an i9-13900K plus DDR5 RAM or even the recent i9-14900K. You’ll be amazed. I can get up to 120 FPS all things maxed with while recording on OBS at 4K60 and running Navigraph, SimToolkitPro, Volanta, Self-Loading Cargo, and FlightControlReplay V5 all at once. And I have the i9-13900K

1 Like

That’s terrible advice. The latest refresh of Raptor Lake CPUs are poor value. Intel desperately needs to find a new design to compete with AMD.

@FlyngWithJay because MSFS is CPU intensive, you will see a huge improvement with a more modern CPU.

The best CPU for MSFS is, by far, the AMD 7800X3D, though you should look at reviews to see which CPU best meets your use requirements.

If you do upgrade, you’re going to have to change your motherboard no matter which CPU you select. Therefore, select the best components (including a good PSU that can cope) you can afford to make your 4090 and new CPU really sing.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the advise guys! I think I’ll definitely be grabbing the 7800X3D in the new year. Time to move on from the 9900k

FlyTampa is worthless to me as an European. It only updates it’s US sceneries.
And to be honnest, EKCH has not been redrawn for MSFS2020, but just imported from FSX and made compatible…and NEVER updated.
I’ll pass on all their other products, just for the point. Aerosoft and Simwings are fare better for me

I am glad you have found companies that cater to your specific needs and desires. Others are glad that FlyTampa makes this great KLAS scenery because searching for KLAS Mega Airport from Aerosoft yields no results.

5 Likes