Update 7 mayor issues

Try this in settings, works for me. If not Ctrl + 0 will work too.

1 Like

but i just got problems of thrust reverse failing to bind a button of joystick and replay caused CTD.
Others are working well. Accepetable !

Turn down terrain and distance sliders, no change.
Turn off live weather, no change.
Turn off photogrammetry, no change.
Delete rolling cache, recreate rolling cache (10GB), smooth!
Turn photogrammetry back on, still smooth!

I did this and it solved my stuttering issue in VR. Its mostly back to SU6 performance. Thanks!

1 Like

I lowed down the rendering scale from 95% to 70-75% with open XR 75% not changed and the situation become much better . although the ground looks a bit blurred but at least I can fly now . G2 owner as well BTW.

PS: after flying a while , found the problem still there , namely the image follows u when you turn you head around in the VR headset . definitely some problems in VR.

1 Like

Indeed, that works too. Alas both workarounds are changing the viewpoint and losing the right-click mouse zoom feature, which is sometimes still essential with GPSes and flight plans.

1 Like

press ctrl+o to use the toolbar in vr

Blast. I do declare the mouse function, cursor visibility and goodness knows what else, have been all over the shop for some time now in VR, at least for me. I do hope Asobo are reading these threads and sits down their VR lads and lasses there to tidy it all up bug wise, plus make it easier to use and understand. I know nothing about programming for VR versus 2D, but honestly, getting the mouse to work would seem the least of their difficulties.

On my G2 I got a lot of CTD after exiting VR mode after this update :frowning:

my only complaint is bad depiction of real live weather, too low clouds, too much fog,
abrupt changes.
so back to presets.

Me too. Instead of exiting VR at the end of a flight, go back to the main menu and then switch back out of VR. The sim should not crash, it works for me. Good luck.

3 Likes

Im so glad we share and help eachother in this forum. So many setups and such complex software make everyones experience different.
Had low expectations fireing up the sim after update since I was a day late and had read different forums, but it wasnt all that bad.
Seen others mention the same Im experiencing regarding the scenery in general, it seems better although i cannot quite put my finger on it. Chrisper, sharper and more detailed world. Clouds to look better. Cuold it be improved shaders?
After reading all your tips on different settings and some solutions mentioned in the release notes «known issues» im heading into the sim again to do more changes in the options to try to sort out some of the irritating issues that degrades an else nice flight experience.

i9-9900/3080Ti/G2

Yep same here with my G2 if I exit VR whilst in the sim.

Xbox series x, crashed while flying F-18, first CTD in months.
Cumulus low to ground, or ON IT, weather not working.
Brighton and eastbourne look good BUT black shapes on water, poor transition where the update was made at both edges of this…triangles and blurry.
I have 65 mbps download, 15 ping, and it still takes a minute or so to render photogrammetry at brighton/eastbourne ! It looks like i have had a go at it with the F-18 before that.

Framey using F18, and more stutters in general, sound cut off’s.

Love this sim, but these issues are unfortunate

Replay func: sometimes CTD when try to move slider of play for quick foward.

after smooth download of SU7and well function afterwords I faced the following problem:
The choise of an airport on the globe ended in a CTD.
A sim restart ends by" New Activities" in a loop.
Whe I renamed the community folder in " community 1" the sim create a new community folder and works wewll.
However I cant use my community folder with hundreds of adds anymore.
Has anyone a hint?

Since the update, impossible to get into VR. The track comes out, it is 5 seconds apparently fine and when I take off black screen. I haven’t touched anything. Does it happen to someone?

Where do I find the setting for Raycast ?

With the exception of the highly annoying not being able to manipulate and click the toolbar issue in VR, I have found this SU7 update to be pretty darn solid for me. My performance seems just as good in my Reverb G2 with Open XR, no problems there. And I have logged close to 10 hours of flying now without a single CTD which is almost unheard of for me.

In fact since the update I have only had one CTD and that was early on when I switched to the DX12 Beta just to check it out. Had stuttering and then a CTD a few minutes into the flight. Switched back to DX11 and so far not a single crash in DX11 since I updated.

As far as the annoying issue I mentioned earlier, I am using the work around by assigning Instrument View 10 and Reset cockpit view to two buttons on my flight stick. So I can have ability to manipulate toolbars with one press, and ability to VR Zoom again with another button press. I hope they issue a hotfix soon for this issue.

As already mentioned countless times, there are significant performance problems after upgrading to SU7 in addition to the control problems. As the following comparison shows the previously best settings:

SU6: 39.5 fps - 24.4 ms at 100% GPU utilization
SU7: 28.3. fps - 34.5 ms at 80% GPU load - 28% fps

OXR 110%, MS 80%, no HT, no game mode, graphic acc. on
11900K@5.2, MSI Trio 3090, 32GB 3600 CL16, M.2 Evo+

There are certainly many who are considering upgrading to an i9-12900K and DDR5 for better performance in MSFS 2020.

With such inconsistent performance despite long announced updates, hardware performance bought for thousands of dollars may be completely useless. As in the current case, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 suddenly loses 30% of its performance, even with the latest components.

Under these circumstances, any hardware investment in MSFS 2020 is massively relativized, because there may suddenly be a performance increase again, where a hardware upgrade would not have been absolutely necessary. :wink:

If there was at least the possibility to reactivate the last version SU6. But for the moment:
MSFS 2020 update methodology makes hardware upgrades mostly pointless.

Setting Motion reprojection to Always in the OpenXR control panel solved the stuttering for me in Win 11. I had it disabled.

Reverb G2 / RTX 3080 / AMD R5 5600x