Update breaks Track IR

Yeah I still use track ir and want this fixed immediately

1 Like

The reset button does nothing for me. It’s totally broke. Back to DCS.

I do. Some have both. Some are waiting on a graphics card that will handle VR. So that’s who has track IR.

1 Like

Good idea, for the first time with an MSFS update I agree. It’s worse than SU5 for silly bugs which totally spoil the ability to fly as I normally do.

Exactly right. I have had VR for a year but only maybe spent 3-4 hours in MSFS with it. Need a better GPU. Perfectly happy with TrackIR which has worked great for almost 20 years now.

2 Likes

I do and don’t plan to go the VR route.

1 Like

Make sure you head over to the main thread and vote!

1 Like

Instead of this make it a votable bug. This does nothing.

Link to voteable bug is posted above your last post.

1 Like

People who actually use their hardware, charts, PFDs on iPads… what an utterly stupid comment.

6 Likes

I found that you have to start TrackIR “anew” before a flight. Until now I’ve just always left TrackIR running, I never shut it down. Now I have to close it, restart it, and start the sim. When I’ve done that it works just fine.

Cover one of your sensors with your hand, it’ll turn off.

1 Like

I always switch TrackIR off when I’m done simming and autostart it with MSFS Addon Linker, which I use to start the sim. Maybe that’s why I have minimal issues?

Yes, when the camera loses track of the reflectors on my hat TrackIR switches off. But that barely happens. And when it does after all, I hit my keyboard combination ALT+T bound to “Toggle Head Tracking” to switch TrackIR back on immediately. It’s somewhat annoying, and I do hope for fix, but it works for me.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly the main complaint.

It’s not a show stopper, but for those of us who are looking over at charts, graphs, checklists, down at kneeboards, etc… It kicks out allot during a flight.

It was brought up by another forum member during the beta test that this was broken. I get that the beta was to test bugs they already fixed but given how big TrackIR is for the sim, you think this would have gotten addressed before launch.

2 Likes

Even before the SU7, as soon as my TrackIR shutdown (not turn off option in Camera Setting in game) during flying, it is impossible to reconnect with the current running flight and sim, I have to close sim and restart again. Very annoying especially if you are in midway of a long haul hours flights.

Yeah, that’s definitely an issue and the current solution can only be a temporary workaround. Let’s hope they fix it before the next big Sim Update (which without the shadow of a doubt will break other things).

1 Like

C’mon hotfix! :slight_smile: we can dream!

Really? I’ve used it since day 1 and never had a single problem until today. Weird.

Likewise, have never ran into an issue until today.

Clearly, the OP and many others in this thread use it. There are a whole host of reasons people may not choose to use VR. If this trolling is all you have to contribute to the thread, be off.

Colorbanding issues + trackir ruined.
Bruh… We need a hotfix
I can’t do without trackir, i bought it recently and i have been using it constantly.
Its what made my sim experience so much more fun.

1 Like