Update leads to Microsoft store home, than nothing

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. #pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
I tried to update tonight. The update window leads to the Microsoft store home page but I don’t see any possibility to update. I tried to launch the sim from MS store but I had the same problem. Kind of a loop.
When will you make those things simple ? I gave up MSFS for months because of this kind of problem
and I see that nothing had change on the Microsoft Store side. You are ruining Asobo’s work by your incapacity to solve issues like that.

You may have supporting software updates like Gaming Services pending, which are also accessible through the MS Store. Those would be required before you receive World Update 7.

Windows Updates (to the Operating System itself) would also be a possibility.

1 Like

Go to the MSStore
Find the library button bottom left side of the page
Click on that, in there at top of page “Get updates”
After download completes, start sim.
Go to Marketplace.
Install your free WU6.
After that, go to Content Manager
There are a number of updates there for older WU’s that are included with this and need to be installed as well.
Good Luck

Simply… wait!

Happens to me every time - Just shows ‘Play’ but after several (long) minutes it begins the download.

Nope, sorry. We can’t update to 122.0. You can’t do anything until you’ve done that, and we can’t do that.

Same here. My OS, Xbox app, are all fully updated. But Xbox still only says “play” unlike “update” like before. When I click play, it just loads FS like normal, and skips past the “checking for updates” screen like there are none.

Xbox or PC?
What point are you stuck at?

Didn’t get stuck, just no update. store.

Doesn’t show “update” or anything along those lines:

Even clicking “play” shows this:

And straight to this:

. . .and then the sim menu, just like there were no update.

Edit: dont’ mean to hijack, but pretty sure I have the same problem as @anon17491698.

So you were logged in the store, and you could see the sim listed there?

That’s XBox, you want MS Store.

I updated windows first, then here:

Then started xbox to see if it shows there. No joy.

Okay. . .long shot, but just checked winupdate again and got this bad boy:

Restarting to finish install then will check everything again (from MS store, then Xbox app).

Click Get Updates at top of previous pic.

I erpishiate it. . .but totally did that. At least twiceteen times. :woozy_face: :rofl:

brb. Will report in after reboot.

You may have needed to install those windows updates first, so the reboot may be the key!
Go back and try the updates again!

And. . . .

No updates, no updates, no updates. :sob:

Will the sim start?

That’s a solid ay-firm. Sim loads fine, but note it’s still the “old” version 1.21.18.

Capital D’OH.

OK. Go to the marketplace, in there you should see a free WU6.
Install.
I see, good stuff.
When you are done, go to the content manager
There are several updates for previous WU’s that came with this to be installed!

Well, the issue is I can’t get the installer update for the base sim that will bring it up from 1.21.18 to the required 1.22.2. There is not an available update listed in either the xbox app (requried) or an update to the xbox app from the MS app store.

I’ll give it some time. These things have a way of working themselves out after some patience. Thanks for the assist!

1 Like