Update on MSFS Team competing with 3rd party Devs

I think I may have answered this elsewhere, but SimConnect will not be available on XBox. XBox cannot listen for TCP connections as a server, so in order for SimConnect to work, it would need to have some kind of peer-peer mode added where the client is actually the TCP host (probably negotiated using UDP discovery or some kind of cloud assisted discovery). Since none of that is in the SimConnect protocol, that would be a change for sure. In-process usage of SimConnect using WASM will not be affected, since those become local method calls.

I feel like this implies that there’s been a lack of transparency, but I would have to say I think everyone has been super transparent about what we’re working on and what the platform aims are, between the numerous comments we’ve made publicly in these forums, on Avsim, and on our Discord, as well as the combined comments by Jorg on the dev Q&As and Alyzee, Eric, and Sylvain on the SDK Q&As. Nothing I said up there was anything I haven’t said before. :slight_smile:

-Matt | Working Title

16 Likes