Update RAM from 32 to 64gb

I’ve seen FS2020 commit up to 39GB growing my page file to 31GB (16GB physical ram). It wasn’t running very well. If you’re running other things next to FS2020, more than 32GB ram would be beneficial.

1 Like

Unless you fly in the same area over and over again, the rolling cache is of no benefit to you, and many of us find that having it off improves performance. There is or was a lengthy discussion about on here.

Yeah for me it didn’t make any difference with or without it, only mentioned it in case it has any effect on what I found above.

at least you no longer see a usage of pagefile and your SSD , on which the pagefile lies, can relax.

My minimum value for the pagefile is 1Gig and it will never increased and I use a lot of memory intensive applications.

So I just loaded up into London, EGLC, Game pretty choppy, looking at RAM usage FS2020 is using 24~GB ( I have 32 in total) … I was maxing out my RAM usage…

I run the game at ULTRA, 3440x1440, 2080TI 3900X, … I feel like I could use an upgrade to 64 maybe?..

1 Like

with the new UK update and espacially London photogrammetry my 32gb of RAM are filled up 100%, increased the pagefile, still dropping from the normal 35-45fps to about 6-15fps

1 Like

Simple as lowering some of your settings my 32gb is not being filled up at London just by lowering some settings that is ram hungry :wink:
I would assume it shouldn’t be a big issue if your gpu has 16gb to 24gb.

Hi, what is your opinion about pagefile settings?

Id just use the system managed size on the drive your operating system is on. From bit of research using a different drive can cause issue’s.
Aslong as its set at the recommended value or above it shouldn’t cause any issue’s.
If you have plenty of ram the page file will never come in use, unless an app or program needs it. It takes longer for data transfer if data is coming via the page file and not the ram.
I’m no expert though I can only tell you what i have personally found regarding the amount of ram cos the results where right in front of me.

That’s telling them! Why didn’t anyone think of that before? Now I’m sure they will improve the processor use by next month. Thanks!

i9 10850k
Rtx 3080
32gb ram @ 36000mhz

All setting on ultra and all sliders full, I’ve not done the increase LOD mod in the configuration file yet

But at the big airports I’m getting 30fps but it’s smooth
But j in do suffer from the melted buildings, it’s so hit and miss

I’d consider my system high end and it is far more powerful then the recommended/ max specs stated for this title.

The only lack of power I really have is internet but I get 60mb down which again should be adequate but I feel like that brings me the melted buildings

In short I think it’s hit and miss for most people not even taking systems into account

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Appreciate it.
One more question. Do you have 4x16 RAM sticks or 2x 32? And what frequency and CL?

Thanks

I got Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jZZ2FT/corsair-memory-cmk64gx4m4b3200c16)

Running it on the Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard.

I wouldn’t go spending lots of dosh on PC gear if you already have a 2070/2080/3080/3090

The problem lays in the software not your hardware , people going from 2080 to 3090 are not seeing any significant improvement

Hopefully optimisations will come

2 Likes

We discussed this quite thoroughly some time ago.

The fact is that ALL GAMES have the same problem with the
CPU’s execution of code.

CPUs execute the program’s code in one main thread and schedules and manages the work of all other threads.

There is not much Microsoft or Asobo can do about it.
FS2020 is such a resource hog (massive program).

I

It’s actually not that all games have the same ‘problem’, it’s not really a problem. It’s just the nature of the workload.

People should be aware of the type of workload they’re going to run, and purchase a CPU that fits that workload. The 10900K and 5900X/5950X have loads of cores and threads, and are better suited for productivity workloads like Rendering, 3D modeling, video editing.

1 Like

I have to say I was initially dubious about this. However, I took the plunge and upgraded from 32GB RAM to 64GB RAM (DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance) and I now also have a steady 36 fps in VR, but more importantly, virtually no stutters!!! Tested over London City airport EGLC with the UK Scenery pack installed under all types of weather. I don’t use a Ram Cache or Ram Disk.
Very happy with the upgrade!

My computer specs:
AMD 5600x overclocked to 4850 MHz
RTX 3070
64GB RAM DDR 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Quest 2 via Link Cable

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t think the ramcache was making any difference I stopped using it now as seemed to make no difference. Glad you have seen an improvement.

1 Like

Windows 10 will use the rest of the available memory as cache anyway, no need to make one yourself. Standby memory in the resource monitor. I have 32GB ram and 15GB of that is cached data and code that’s not actively in use.

I also tried RAM Cache but also decided to quit using it. (64 GB SDRAM).

Also couldn’t see any benefit with a 32 GB Ram Cache.

1 Like