Update: Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod (v2.10 / Dec 27, 2022)

Could you expand on this?

1 Like

In the file ‘Community\gotgravel-savage-carbon\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Savage_Carbon\MODEL\Savage_Cub_Cockpit.xml’ I replaced these lines:

with the lines that came from ‘\Community\gotgravel-savage-grravel\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Savage_Grravel\MODEL\Savage_Cub_Cockpit.xml’ that read:

You can see that there are several new attributes in the version of the file that is in the Grravel release (and I guess all other SU5 compatible Cubs) that pertain to 'NODE_ID, ‘ANIM_NAME’, etc, that aren’t in the older, pre-SU5, Carbon version of the file.
I didn’t copy over the whole ‘Savage_Cub_Cockpit.xml’ file from the Grravel, though that may well work and may actually be a better solution (though I’ve not tested it, yet). Hopefully that helps you.

3 Likes

The GTN750 mod’s panel mode (accessed via the toolbar) can be used on any plane. I use it all the time in the Carbon (my personal fav of the GotGravel planes) and the Grravel.

2 Likes

That was great and a big help, thanks buddy, you made my day, I love the Carbon.

2 Likes

Where is this mod available? Thanks

https://pms50.com/msfs/

The free version is very functional but it’s entirely worth the price for the premium version, in my opinion.

The author is pretty active here

Once installed you see an icon added to your toolbar and the GTN750 will show up:

1 Like

I have a question. Tha download from pms50 is the main file plus extra files for all msfs planes with g1000 panels. Then we have the JDs PMS GTN750 Mod on Other Mod v0.15 that also generates files for all msfs planes with g1000, and also includes planes with the g530 which it replaces with a GTN 650, and the question is:
How all these files mesh together? They are all modifying the Panel.cfg file, which take precedence over which one? All these file are in the Community folder. JD does not mention the extra files needed from PMS50. Love to get an idea how all these mods work together, if I purchase a license, how is that affected by the JDs Mod. Thank you for the help, have a very healthy sim, because I am careful with the Community folder.

1 Like

I found the answer myself. Just need the main file from Pms50.com, and the JDs Mod with the extra files for each plane. Choose the right main file in the JDs mod, if you want to cover any plane with a G530 or 430.

Might be a noob question, but how do you cut the engine? There is no mixture and no fuel valve as far as I know. Only by turning the magnetos to off? That is very much against my real life piloting experience in other aircrafts :slight_smile: Or how is it done for real?

The 2 knobs in the left, one is parking brake, the other is mixture? Try pulling it out, also turning the electrical off? I turn the key off in my Alpha Yoke and main switches off. Too bad these small planes and many other do not have a guide (pdf) with basic instructions, maybe they are outthere , just a matter of digging and takes time.

The other is cabin heat

Thanks for clearing that up, never knew what it was for.

Carbon’s getting a well deserved update guys!

The Open Beta starts tomorrow at the Got Gravel Discord Server

What’s in so far:

• Revamped Flight Model
  • Added flap drag sound
  • Improved engine simulation
  • Improved propeller physics
  • Improved cockpit lighting
  • Improved Quickview and instrument camera setup
13 Likes

Added dust and water FX, Open Beta available in 20 minutes.

4 Likes

SAVAGE CARBON v1.6.0

Version numbering has changed, 2nd digit now reflects the SU this version was made for.

DOWNLOAD from FLIGHTSIM.TO

Carbon doing a Knife Edge during test flights.

Looking for a great bush community? Check out the Got Gravel Discord Server!

CHANGE LOG

• Takes full advantage of new SU6 flight model capabilities
  • Overhauled and re-tuned flight model for the highest level of realism so far
  • Accurate representation of the bush plane experience.
  • Natural and instinctive control on the ground and in the air
  • Fixed broken magnetos (an SU5 bug)
  • Added aileron and rudder trim ability (use keybinds)

You’ll find the Savage Carbon in your hangar all the way to the right near the default MSFS Savage Cub.

BE A SUPPORTER

This Savage Cub to Savage Carbon conversion mod is free and always will be, but if you enjoy it and feel you want to contribute towards this project it will always be appreciated.

paypal.me/gotgravel

buymeacoffee.com/gotgravel

8 Likes

Great to have the Carbon back! Thank you so much!!!

3 Likes

SAVAGE CARBON v1.8.0

DOWNLOAD from FLIGHTSIM.TO

Looking for a great bush community? Check out the Got Gravel Discord Server!

CHANGE LOG

• Modern propeller physics
  • Fixed interior lighting, now works again with the avionics switch
  • Brand new flight model taking full advantage of all recent MSFS improvements (= best Carbon ever)
  • “The Torch” light can be activated using the “Toggle Recognition Light” keybind as well
  • Engine exhaust heat blur
  • Fly low multiplayer dust kick-up effect

BE A SUPPORTER

This Savage Cub to Savage Carbon conversion mod is free and always will be, but if you enjoy it and feel you want to contribute towards this project it will always be appreciated.

paypal.me/gotgravel

buymeacoffee.com/gotgravel

11 Likes

It’s been a while fellas, enjoy the update! Without a doubt the most realistic so far thanks to all the new goodies introduced to MSFS as of late. The modern propeller physics have the biggest impact, but the flight model itself also has made nice progress.

Have fun!

8 Likes

Just gets better and better. Thank you!

1 Like

In the last few months, I was admittedly seduced by the Kodiak, Twin Otter, Goose and 247D.

But I hopped on the updated Savage Carbon and wow! I remember now why I love to fly this plane: great power, stability, perfectly trimmable, great views and I can take it anywhere. Indeed, a great plane just keeps getting greater. Thanks!

1 Like