Update Stuck In Infinant loop

I am stuck in an infinite update loop again today. Several months ago I had to completely delete and reinstall, all good though several updates until now. Looping on fs-base-0.1.227.fspatch I have tried net limiter, not working. Any suggestions. This is very frustrating, I really don’t want a complete reinstall again. Thanks for your help.

Moved to #self-service:install-performance-graphics

I got stuck in that loop today too:

Thanks for the advice. Would you mind helping with a bit more specificity? I am not sure what you mean by “setting up world map filters and subtle taxi ribbon in the official folder, and setting assistance back to to true to life” If I restart the sim it requires the mandatory update and then loops again, that is, I can’t get back into the menu. Regards

Setting up world map filters and subtle taxi ribbon in the official folder only applies to me because the update overwrote some customizing I had done to the sim. In my case, I only got the looping the first time I tried. The 2nd time the sim required a much larger update but it did complete this 2nd time and I was able to run the sim. Sorry I cannot help you with why it keeps looping for you.

completely delete the FS-BASE folder in your OFFICIAL folder and not COMMUNITY so when restarting your game the sim will redownload the FS-BASE folder from the beginning without redownloading the whole game

1 Like

Thanks, will try that next time, this time I bit the bullet and did a full reinstall.

1 Like

This may not help or you could already be on it but both my Brother and a Friend had an infinite loop and upgrading to Windows 11 fixed it.

There’s a new version of the Store in 11 and it seems to not mess up.

Hey, me again, if you don’t mind can you provide specifics on where to find the FS-BASE folder? The way this program installs, it’s sometimes difficult to hone in on the exact location and folder. Thanks.

by default the game installs in 2 places; 1 obligatory place on C with the parts like the packages, the scene indexes, ect… and the 2 place is where when the installation the first time, you asked where you wanted to install the game. c is this second place which is concerned, you must simply find 2 files there; COMMUNITY and OFFICIAL. the community folder is the place where you deposit your personal addons downloaded outside the market place such as planes, scenery of scenes or other via FLIGHTSIM or other (it is besides this folder that you must always empty by putting listed on another place your addons before updating the game) and next to the COMMUNITY folder you have the OFFICIAL folder it’s there !! that the whole game is installed during an installation and this is where you look for your FS-BASE folder, you delete it, you launch your game and it will look for updates and redownload this missing folder

Thanks for taking the time. I found the fs-base folder in the “Official Folder” which has a single folder titled “One Store”. The “One Store” folder has all of the install files and folders including fs-base. Looks like they may have added one more folder layer in the “Official” Folder or might just be a result of a purchase version of the sim. Really appreciate the help, will reference this post if I run into a fs-base update loop in the future.

1 Like

yes because you bought it by microsoft store I suppose, so before all the files, you have ONE STORE me I have STEAM before all the files