V2 UPDATE released! LATEST BN2 Islander available now from Blackbox Simulation

Got this one. Thanks for your prompt response.
Cheers! :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry but all my addon textures (loganair) didn’t show the correct transponder knob and numbers and they all have a texture.cfg with the following fallback details:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=…..\blackbox-aircraft-BN-Islander\texture
fallback.2=…......\texture\detailMap
fallback.3=…......\texture\AS1000
fallback.4=…......\texture\Glass
fallback.5=…......\texture\Lights
fallback.6=…\texture

Surely this is a cover-all since the BBS textures only have the following fallback details:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=…\TEXTURE

When I replaced the BBS-BN2-PANEL_ALB.PNG.DDS in these addon liveries with one from the BBS v1.1.2 update, the transponder displayed correctly. Please include the panel image with the official paintkit.

Just did a lovely flight from EGNT, to EGNX. I was taking in some of the POI from the UK update.

I was testing out VOR navigation, and that seems to be working great, both flying by hand, and AP. AP seems slaved to NAV1, and I didn’t see a toggle to choose between NAV1/2.

NDB/ADF as well, but with one issue here. As I was heading South away from the Trent VOR, I had tuned in the EMW NDB, that sits on the ILS for EGNX.

I’m heading away from the VOR towards the NDB, I think on course 163. So in a Southerly direction. On the ADF receiver there is no dial for rotating the crown, so it seems to indicate that I am heading North. I should be able to tune that, aligning it to my current heading, then read the needle to work out what course I need to follow.

If anyone has missed this, the website below is a very useful resource for learning navigation, and is very configurable. This link is for ADF specifically. You can choose other simulators from the menu on the left.

http://www.luizmonteiro.com/Learning_ADF_Sim.aspx

ADF gauges are not necessarily rotatable. The needle pointing north then just means you are heading straight to the NDB.

True, but this instrument has a crown that is fixed with North up. So if it isn’t meant to be adjustable, removing the crown entirely would be one option. The other would be to add a little knob so crown can be rotated. An example of that is in the default Cessna 152, and would be the preferred option.

I’ll have a play in SPAD, and find an event I could use that might be there, we just don’t have the physical knob to access it.

One example I rediscovered earlier was with the ADF receiver tuning. There are only three digits, but some NDB’s have a frequency like 340.5KHz. There is no way to tune that in the cockpit. But using my Logitech radio panel, I can tune that there. In the cockpit it just shows 340 IIRC, but it does work.

For those who insist on using the Clean Panel Mod and causing the Transponder to fail … PLEASE use the attached file instead of any 3rd party mod …

Simply Drop this into the livery folder you require the clean look …
PLEASE NOTE Only Blue is available at this time and you will need to re colour the image for other backgrounds …

10 Likes

now there’s a proper helpful step taken by a developer

1 Like

Hi
Totally unrelated to this conversation, but I just want to ask. In another part of this forum, comments have suggested that for the P Arrow and Seminole, the ground staff (aka pushback guy/gear) have been disabled ( I gather whenever these two a/c are selected). If that is so, can you do the same for the BN2? That would clear up one thing!
ta

1 Like

You can do that yourself. Open the Aircraft.cfg and look for the [Services] section and edit the fields as you prefer. 0 being off, 1 being on.

1 Like

You can do this yourself by modifying the “aircraft.cfg”. Look for the “SERVICES” section:

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Content_Configuration/SimObjects/Aircraft_SimO/Aircraft_Config_Definition.htm?rhsearch=Services&rhhlterm=services%20service

1 Like

brilliant thanks to both

thanks…have amended this now

1 Like

May god bless you and your ancestors for ten generations. Every time I start a flight there’s some bonehead standing right in front of the ■■■■ plane!

2 Likes

Flew an RNAV approach today and the 530 gave me the guidance, but the needles on the NAV1 indicator didn’t do no indicatin’. CDI was set to GPS. It’s entirely possible I did something else wrong, I’m not that familiar with the 530, but the approach was loaded and activated, and the CDI on the 530 screen itself was working.

I’ve done them before but not with the newest version. I’ll try that tomorrow.

Which ICAO, and approach?

It’s probably already mentioned but I would love to hear some cockpit sounds when clicking the switches and the ambient sound when opening the doors.

1 Like

yes…set small pushback to 0 and marshaller to 0…just tried this out (Parking bay 2 at EGPA) and it’s now perfect!..all boneheads removed!

Agreed on the sounds. Its a bit too quiet in the cabin. The plane is really darn loud in the cabin in real life. My dad back in the day it was the first plane he flew in as a passenger and its literally loud enough you cannot hear yourself speaking.
The exterior sounds on the other hands aren’t bad. I wish I was into recording and compiling sounds. I know for sure its not easy to do referred from another 3rd part dev.

2 Likes

Re: Issues with some repaints/cleaned panel texture files and the Transponder functionality updates.
The updates are great - super thanks.
I’ve done half a dozen repaints for the BN-2 , 5 of them using a cleaned up panel, so they’ve failed on new Transponder goodies.
I’ve posted an update to flightsim.to for each after deciding my interim fix would be revert the panel files to the default. I’d intend in the future to look again at using custom panel textures, both to clean them up a little and to remind me, an old man what registration he’s flying.

aka Crankpin on flightsim.to

I use the mototok mod from flightsim.to, it replaces all those Pushback people with a small mototok.