V2 UPDATE released! LATEST BN2 Islander available now from Blackbox Simulation

That’s something that puts me off buying from them tbh though. I mean, the poor visuals aside, that’s one hell of a bug to leave unsquashed for so long.

This isn’t the L-19 topic, but on the subject of support, they’ve released updates every few weeks to address user feedback – the plane was pretty good upon release and now it’s great.

Yeah, it’s not perfect. Nothing is. But BB has been active on forums, steady with updates, and has supported their plane much better than many major publishers.

I don’t know why some forum people feel it’s their duty to damage the hobby by doing nothing but nitpick negatives and try to harm small developers who are doing cool planes. If you don’t like, it don’t buy.it. If you haven’t bought it, why do you spend your time trying to keep others from buying it? @Matuchkin6911 saw polygons in a computer program. OMG, let’s just all find a new hobby.

Sorry, but constructive feedback is fine. I’ve shared plenty of my own. But I don’t get the people who hang out on forums denigrating developers because it makes them feel superior by pointing out imperfections. If you have so much time on your hands, maybe fly some Flight Simulator.

I bought the L-19 upon release and it’s just gotten continuously better and it’s one of my favorite planes. I’m confident BlackBox will support the BN2 just as well.

15 Likes

well said!

3 Likes

I Thank you for your comments

Hm? I do start the L-19 cold an dark all the time.

The L-19 is a great aircraft and a lot of fun to fly. Your comments on the quality are really outdated.

3 Likes

And it’s absolutely incomprehensible to me that some people feel any criticism is either a malicious attempt to damage developers and their families future, or evidence of latent inferiority complexes. Can you not even conceive of the idea that it might be useful to focus developers attentions on improvements? That if several people are making the same comments, that might prompt some useful fixes from the developers and increase sales and satisfaction?

1 Like

Uzura2203

Sir… with the greatest of respect can I ask you a question ?

“IF” And I imply Nothing by this… but “IF” You had been involved with some dubious and unworthy actions at some time in your past but had since listened to all valid criticisms and turned your life around to become a model citizen, would you be happy if I were to post your nasty history in a public forum ?

NO sir you would not …

Then Please, and I ask you politely, PLEASE Refrain from commenting on things that have already been fixed many many moons ago as if the Big Bad developer was unworthy of any appreciation…

Thank you . Last comment … I will not be drawn into argument

12 Likes

There’s reasonable feedback and there’s people who get a feeling of superiority pointing out flaws of products they haven’t even used while ignoring the full picture.

Not hard to understand both things exist, not hard to tell the difference.

Someone has a product and has suggestions or bug reports for the dev, great! Someone who read feedback on a forum six months ago and comes into a topic to say “don’t buy this, people complained about a totally different product from the same company” while ignoring more than a half-dozen updates is just sadly trolling for attention at the expense of the hobby.

The Bird Dog started good and got great. The Islander will also incorporate plenty of feedback, I’m sure.

Anyway, back to flying!

4 Likes

Would I be happy? Probably not. But “IF” And I imply Nothing by this… but “IF” my first product for a new platform received some criticism for its visuals, and then the second one did as well, I would probably come to the conclusion that there was some merit in it and I needed to up my presentation game.

I certainly wouldn’t start getting at customers / potential customers for raising the problems because I’d become a, what was it, ‘model citizen’ in the meantime.

2 Likes

Are you sure you might not be projecting a little there…?

I hope v1.1 will be out soon so that the discussion can return to the Islander… :wink:

5 Likes

Packing it for a release today … IF nothing goes ASBO
:wink:

11 Likes

Agree 100%.

1 Like

Strawman. Let’s not resort to logical fallacies, okay?

Boy, you must be fun at parties.

2 Likes

Can I ask if the original will need to be deleted before installing, or just install ‘over the top’?

Read this comment again:

If you think it’s still a straw,an, then you don’t really know what a straw man is.

You “can” install over but it is better to avoid any issues by deleting first …

1 Like

ok thanks for that