V2 UPDATE released! LATEST BN2 Islander available now from Blackbox Simulation

Excellent. Maybe I will try that first - in the BN-2!

First of all, how far is from reality Blackbox’s BN2 Islander? I can simulate in a good way? :slight_smile: Thanks

It is the most engaging, characterful and thoroughly enjoyable aircraft that I have flown in years. I would be amazed if you didn’t love it.

3 Likes

It’s been the kind of week where I’ll believe it :joy:

3 Likes

Given the VOR heads, the only thing that throws me on the Islander, is flying a DME arc. What would be the best practice, I wonder? I do have a workaround on the Streamdeck, which let’s me put a VOR on the beam but I would love to see how it should be tackled in the aircraft itself. ( I imagine that box 3 comes into play here, but…)

This topic is about the released BN2 Islander. Please stay on-topic.

For the Trislander Joey:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/coming-soon-from-blackbox-simulation/498870

1 Like

Absolutely spot on. Honestly.

1 Like

Ok, @Hester40MT this is about the BN2. I hope I don’t get spanked for violating another rule. OH …wait. Hold that thought. :wink:

Hey Islander fans! (NOT BRITTEN-NORMAN TRISLANDER FANS) - here’s a relatively short video of me trying to get comfortable with the BN2 again (is it BN-2?) out here in Hawai’i. This is a flight of me going from my “home” airport of PHNG over here on Oʻahu over to PHMK on Molokaʻi. (just under 43 min from start to finish)

Do I fly according to the POH? No, not yet. Is my approach (RNAV lol) and arrival out of spec? Absolutely. Just wanted to show off the beautiful islands out here. Apologies for the first 3/4 of it being just in cockpit view. I used to have some view controls set up on an old joystick until I figured out that it was causing my weird elevator input “bobbing.” Yeah… you gotta unplug it to avoid conflicts with other stuff. Oh, and that’s why that little input monitor is displayed for most of the flight. I was looking for weird spikes and stuff. Didn’t see any!

I’ve since grabbed a BN2 POH (as well as one for the old-timey Bendix / King KAP-140 Autopilot) and I am trying to sharpen up my skills. I know some folks enjoy critiquing flights posted on YT, so …comment away! :rofl:

Apologies for only remember to start the recording AFTER I started my taxi. lol. I’m still figuring out the whole recording / YT thing, but expect me to bombard the community with useless stuff I enjoy. I also need to figure out how to speed up the cruise portion of the flight. That’s just boring :smiley: I think I’ll have to use an external editor for that and then upload it to YT.

2 Likes

Any chance to get this version ?

3 Likes

Oh neat! Somehow in all my reading of this article I completely missed the BN-2A-30 was an amphibious version!

1 Like

I’d love to see the TDS GTNxi 750 included as an option in this. It’s no longer dealing with PMS and a modded version of the 750 as the TDS one uses the Garmin Trainer and is fully functional.

1 Like

I just bought this airplane and I gotta say, I love it. Simple plane but great depth.
Can you please add an option to use the TDS GTNxi 750 in place of the 530?
It would make it absolute perfection.

1 Like

I used to fly the C208 almost exclusively, but the BN-2 has shoved her out of the way. Sure, she’s not too fast, and she can’t carry a whole bunch, but she’s a lot of fun!

Anxiously awaiting the new offering from BlackBox, and then I recall hearing that the BN-2 is going to get a going-over and polish.

@NightMercury358 - tried emailing BB support this past weekend so I can access the Client Center, but haven’t gotten a response. Is there another address I should contact?

Quick / silly question. Is there an easy tweak I can make to one of the config files which would place the fuel selector knobs and the fuel valve switches in the off position during a cold & dark start? I have looked through a lot of the files but I can’t find anything.

You might find a fuel switch setting in the apron.flt file, the lights & avionics switches are definitely in there.

1 Like

Look at this, I did the same question, no solution yet, or I do not have it.

1 Like

I don’t suppose there’s any chance of the Air Alderney livery being added to the Islander’s default skins when the aircraft is revisited after the release of the Trislander?

3 Likes

I keep checking for deals on the Islander with the Trislander so close and nothing. I have not seen a single sale on this plane yet. Does Blackbox ever do sales? Is there anywhere else to purchase aside from the dev site?

It’s on the Marketplace as well as their own site.

I’m just an end user, but I would not think they would discount the Islander. The Trislander isn’t replacing it. Just checked, and the Islander is just under 25 Euros. BlackBox have mentioned once the Trislander has launched they’re going to go back and update the Islander.

2 Likes