[Update - Workaroud Fix Xbox] Bush trip respawns me in dense forest or in water, unable to continue

You might need to map active pause. I had to map a ton of things that didn’t have assigned controls out of the box.

1 Like

I solved this problem by deleting the Nevada Bush Trip from the activities folder.

I have crashed on the first leg of the grand alpine challenge and now when I land it won’t finish the leg and there is no way to restart the leg from scratch. Is there a workaround on the xbox to restart the first leg from scratch?

I am on Leg 7 of the Patagonia bush trip. I landed at the airport (checked on YouTube that I am in the right place) but the leg doesn’t end. I can take off and land again but nothing triggers then end of the leg.

When I quit and restart the leg (via the menu showing all the different completed legs) it starts where I left off (on the runway with flaps in landing position, fuel as it was when I landed, etc.).

I have restarted leg 6 which works fine then back into leg 7 and it still doesn’t work.

I have restarted MSFS, Xbox, etc. and no difference.

Any suggestions ?

Something tells me something got messed up in the recent world update as this also happened to me for the first time on Denmark Leg 2… landed at the airport and end of Bush Trip refuses to trigger… :man_shrugging:

I’ve experienced the same bug as SteveM25 on the Switzerland bush trip. Hopefully, starting back from previous leg made the trick. But this was last week.

Because since last Friday night it appears my progression in Bush trips is not anymore taken in account. While I’ve already completed some bush trips, I’m now desperately stuck at 0% progression on the Patagonia bush trip. At first I flyed the first three legs before quitting ; and found myself back at the first airfield with 0% progression when I went back. I now know by heart the 2 first legs as I’ve tried numerous times to record any progression (do just one and save, do two legs and save, do one and hit continue then quit,…). This by the way made me realized that even my time spent in bush trips was not counted in my profile while the time spent is free flight still is.
I’ve then tried the Balkans bush trips and it is the same : no progression is ever recorded. As soon as I quit, I’m back at 0% progression.

Hello looks like this is still a bug as it happened to me today after trying bush trip for the first time. Just before I delete the reserved space would this delete my flight log, flight hours, achievements etc.

Thank you

yes, in Alpin-Challenge, same for me after a crash, unable to restart the leg… I crashed at the takeoff (while braking for turn-around), at the restart I’m like this (not at the airport, but in a river… ).

im here because of that too & i cant believe that it hasnt been fixed as of feb 19th 2022! its quite shocking really how shoddy things like that which completely break the content & make it unplayable. im on xbox , i didnt realise that you couldnt start over, i think its bad that there are no poi markers or anything, it should be an option surely for people new to flight sims, its on console so thats a whole new player base of newcomers like me. the training is very vague & theres not much of it really so the bush trips is the only other structured/ objective based content, iive only tried alaska & australia, alaska im stuck miles away from the start in the opposite direction from the 2nd lsnding stop because i thought it would be fine to fly around a bit but well my bad! & australia im stuck in a bush on the ground, it spawns me in an instacrash . starting to think ive had enough of it. dont get me wrong i spent the last 2 days about 16 hours studying ground school from fsx type forums, ive replayed all the lessons too many times to count. this game is for experienced flight simmers only really

Not really. I’m now north of 500hrs since starting FS on XBox in July last year. I used to use FS way back, but 20 years of absence and I’m not a pilot, so count me in the forever learning mode. But “experienced”?, not by a long shot compared to many in here.

The Bush trips bugs is definitely an experience killer. I got stuck on two trips because of it. Workaround: Restart the previous leg and quit, then you can restart the current leg (where you are stuck in trees) from the beginning.

My progress in Bush trips - I persevered with 2 of them Alaska, Patagonia should have been 100% in both, but both for me were stuck on 90%. SU7 update then removed all progress and they now both show up as 0%!
Yet in my achievement summary it shows I’ve completed one Bush trip without mentioning which one.
Needless to say I have long since given up on flying Bush trips. I’m certainly not going to do either of them again just to satisfy some piece of code. So there are some achievements in FS that will always be unachievable for me.

However there is plenty of enjoyment to be found elsewhere in the sim.
My latest fun is taking off in anything from GA prop to airliner, with no flightplan, and picking a random destination and then flying IFR to get there and lining up and landing. A great learning experience.

FS is probably the ultimate create you own experience platform. Possibilities are endless. Persevere but IMO avoid Bush trips to minimise fhe frustrations dealing with their bugged implementation. You just end up fighting those bugs and not enjoying the sim, which is a shame as there is much to enjoy bugs n all.

After several months away from bush trips to get over the annoyance I decided to give it another go. After replaying 3 logs over 2 hours, then completing 3 more legs I got BS internet connection messages and my leg wasn’t recognised as complete.

The whole game then crashed and now while the trip says 78% complete, when I go in, none of them are complete.

Think I’ll stick to some other activity but with constant CTD it might be some other game.

good points, i think in general developers always seem to sort out pc issues & console players are bottom of the pile , i should imagine that there are a lot of new players since its the first time on a console, considering this there is not much available to xbox users when it comes to learning. there are not very detailed or very many tutorials & they are not very detailed. i did all of them lots of times because they did help but after those the only structured activity to do is a bush trip & they are very unforgiving especially for new pilots coming from finishing the tutorials. they would have done a much better job if they had put virtual pilot instructors as an option for the discovery flights & then guided people through them with various missions, be it succesfully locating various pois or succesfully completing the tour etc, toi me the discovery flights are a waste of time because anyone can click or enter a city on the world map & then click fly so why are discovery flights even a thing? the bush trips are broken because you cant restart them from the ground at the begining of each leg again & you cant choose another leg & then go back to the messed up one. on pc you can erase the save file but you cant do that on xbox so i have had to erase the entire save for my entire game. that was annoying but like i said as a new simmer the bush tris are the only structured mission based content after them few tutorials. i learn how to plan a trip by entering the coordiantes on the world map to make a flight plan & i tried my best to make the flight plans of the legs of a bush trip so that i could practise flying it first so that i wouldnt have to delete all of my game again if i crashed & ended up on a respawn crash death loop, as it happens the flight planning is very hit & miss as well sometimes the cursor/ box to add waypoint works sometimes it doesnt so that takes a lot of patience as well. ive wasted so much time trying to follow a yt tutorial only to find 30 minutes in i need to download some utility programme & get the flight plan that way …okay on pc but cant do that on xbox. it would save so much time if the video makers mentioned in the title that theyre on pc not xbox & using stuff that is only available on pc not on xbox. that would save a lot of time wasting. still im enjoying it immensely, i love it even if i dont feel like ive made any progress in days suddenly ill be able to do something that i couldnt do before, this week ive been learning the g1000 & succesfully used autopilot last night for the first time for heading, altitude & to navigate gps mode…im over the moon about it. also its a lovely community & i love that about it too.

1 Like

If you were around using FS in even back in the 2000 sort of era there was way fewer learning tools available (think books only!), it was literally all go jump in and learn on the fly (so to speak). This generation has never had it so good. Graphics, training, streaming, weather, variety/complexity of aircraft. I mean we are all guiklty of whining a lot but after a 20 year absence I was completely blown away by this iteration of the sim. (I missed out on FS2004 & FSX)
There are also the FS Academy payware training too which I only have one of but they are very good, are they available on XBox yet?
By the sound of things you are learning, and the more you put into FS, the more you get out. I feel liek I’m just getting there now, but still have ways to go.
Appreciate the XBox v PC experience differencess. I started on XBox myself last July but decided to move to PC and have been on PC since Sept/Oct last year.
Sadly the tradeoffs will always exist by the very nature of the beast one a closed/locked down proprietry platform/ecosystem, the other expandable, modifiable open platform that can have code written around it, but it does come at a premium cost though compared to XBox. I suspect XBox is largely there to entice peoeple into simming & the serious of whom may go on to upgrade their platform to get the ‘bells and whistles’.
I think what got to me was the too frequent CTDs on my XBox X, and the slow time (i was quite shocked at this,a nd still am tbh) to get bugs fixed (many of which still are not fixed). That is a symptom of a wider issue, and PC is by no means immune, but it’s a more mature platform. The one thing that amazed me more than anything aftermoving is seeing the sheer amount of community freeware and mods available, along with some great payware too. I couldn’t sim without many of these now.
Bush trips definitely need fixing, but I woudln’t hold your breath. Bugs seem to be a lower priority comared to new DLC (which makes the revenue).
IMO you should now go learn the difference between VOR, VOR/DME, NDB, ILS and then go in say a ‘steam gauge’ aircraft like the 152 and have a map of those beacon frequencies on hand. and set mission of arriving at your destination airport and lining up for landing without looking out the window or looking at the VFR map to know where you are. You just need to plan a bit ahead and figure out beacons and what they do and what their range are, angles, distance and time etc. Get it right and you can pop your head up and find yourself lined up with runway 500ft up and ready to land.
Forget about GPS for a while. Do it old school and learn a lot in the process. All a very satifying process.

Learning to use radio nav aids was much easier with FS2004. I could position an active 2D panel on my lower monitor and have the windscreen view on upper monitor.
In FS2020 all I can get on my lower monitor is a non-functional (all softkeys are missing) display of the glass panel. It helps for visibility of readout, but I still have to to the cockpit view to actually do anything with the nav aids. This leads to lots of moving the cockpit view around, which distracts completely from making the simulation anything like the real world.
If FS2020 can produce a fully functional 2D panel view in a separate window, and add simple features that were available in FSX (eg. sim rate indication, pause capability in all modes) then it will be just amazing. Until then it is just a fun but sometimes annoying toy with great graphics.