*** Updated : Buyer beware - Marketplace / Just Flight : JF are good guys

**** Update: I am very pleased to say that after initially been told by Just Flights that I couldn’t get a refund, my complaint was passed up the corporate tree and I was contacted by the Operations Director who offered several options to resolve my issue including a non Marketplace version of the the Hawk. Sometimes we are quick to criticise - so I think is important to acknowledge outstanding service when it occurs. Just Flights have my vote.

TL:DR If a product is available directly from a third party developer buy from them and not the Marketplace, at least you may have some level of recourse if the product is faulty.

Over the weekend I purchased Just Flight’s Hawk T1/A only to find that the throttle doesn’t work. There are multiple reports of simmers having the same issue, with just as many offered solutions. So I spent several hours researching the issue and troubleshooting the various solutions but to no avail. This included contacting Just Flight support for their opinion and recommended resolution. (Their solution was to remove all throttle axis bindings and only bind THROTTLE 1 AXIS - which didn’t work).

Just Flight also told me that they were aware of the problem and that they had submitted another version of the plane to the Marketplace which was a more permanent fix, but they didn’t know when they would be available. So they are aware that the product is faulty, but at least they are doing something about it.

By this stage i’m a little weary and dissolutioned so I fugure I’ll get a refund and come back when they have everything sorted out. I request a refund from Just Flight and was told sorry we don’t refund any product purchased from the MSFS Marketplace. Ok fair enough, I purchase it from Microsoft I’ll get a refund from them. Unfortunately when I contacted the Marketplace I found out they don’t refund any Third Party Products, you have to go to through the supplier. Well now I’m stuck in a Catch 22, with no way out. As I staed above If a product is available directly from a third party developer buy from them and not the Marketplace, at least you may have some level of recourse.

4 Likes

Said it many times on here, go direct. Then you’ll get folks complaining about the Aerosoft or PMDG downloader applications.

All missing the point. Direct gives you recourse and quick updates.

2 Likes

Actually, you can request a refund from Microsoft, I posted something on this a while back and they refunded my money, with no problems.

Just found a way via XBox to request a refund, link is below. Go to the link below, login, Click ‘Contact Us’, Select Subscriptions and Billing, then select ‘I want a refund’, select the item and fill out the information. I submitted the request and it was approved! If Microsoft/Asobo put crp n the Market Place, then they need to offer refunds if it doesn’t work. The price was only $14.99 which is nothing but, it’s something when a lot of folks get in the same boat.

**Contact us | Xbox Support

1 Like

Thanks mate. I’m on PC so I’m not sure if I have that option but I will definitely look into it.

Sorry to here about this bad experience. I don’t buy aircraft from the Marketplace for this very reason. Unfortunately some dev’s such as Carenado do not offer a purchase via another means. Carenado and any others that follow this model lose my business as a result.

2 Likes

Just try the xbox ap

Im on PC too, there were no hassles

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.