Vertigo likes to go fast, low and kick some dust. Inspired by Mike Patey’s “Turbulence”, she has the same blood running through her veins: the legendary PT6A 850HP turbine engine. Add to that a 6 bladed constant speed prop plus a composite airframe and you’ve got a competitive racer.
Note: disable Auto Rudder (Assistance menu) as it causes tail-wagging in-flight and odd steering behavior on the ground.
Vertigo runs on jet fuel, holds a world record-breaking 380kts top speed (single engine turbo prop), can climb at 8000fpm and rolls at 150 degrees per second.
She can go vertical right after take-off and still accelerate. Or cruise great distances in comfort and style.
At her core you’ll find a heavily retrofitted JMB VL-3, an ultralight and fully composite experimental aircraft able to withstand g-forces of +15/-8.
Pilot, fasten your harness. And welcome to the world of Vertigo.
- Pratt & Whitney 850HP PT6A-42a turbine
- 6-bladed 6-foot constant speed composite MT propeller
- 16 professionally designed sporty liveries and interiors
- 31,000ft service ceiling
- 1200nm range at 320kts
- Upgraded tanks (2 x 50 gallons)
- Upgraded VL-3 fuel selector: now also has “Both” besides Left, Right and Off
- Pressurized cabin
- Upgraded suspension and brakes
- Powerful flaps able to serve as speed brakes too
- Fantastic ground handling
- Windshield de-icing
- Fully simulated electrical system
If you have the WT G3X mod you will also get:
- Automatic Flight Control System (Autopilot)
- Automated Pitot Heat
Vertigo comes with 100% carefully crafted custom lights: a powerful volumetric main landing light, 6 cool landing spots on the wings, 3 double strobe lights, navigation lights and stylish NVFR cockpit lighting. All her cameras have been redone as well be it Quickviews, Instrument views or External views. The VR camera too has been optimized for the most immersive experience possible.
In addition, several hundred hours have gone into developing and testing her flight model, which has been created from scratch. JMB factory data has been used to create the most accurate geometric model possible, verified and complemented by virtual wind tunnel results.
Enjoying this speed beast? Vertigo is free and always will be, however creating a mod like this takes a lot of love, time and effort. Any donation will go a long way in supporting my work and will be much appreciated.
Join our ever-growing family of fun-loving aviators (approaching 2000 members):
- Fast Air Races
- Slow Bush Flights
- Hangout and chit-chat
- Epic Expeditions
- World Tours
Vertigo comes with 3 beautiful weather presets:
- Vertigo Racing
- Vertigo Windy
- Vertigo Rainy
- Delete older versions of the Vertigo mod, if any.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Drag the folder named gotgravel-vertigo directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim.
- You’ll find Vertigo in your hangar next to the default VL-3.
If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:
/Community /gotgravel-vertigo /Effects /RTC /SimObjects /WeatherPresets /Official
How to find the Community folder?
If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
Vertigo comes with a full set of custom interactive MSFS checklists, but here are the essentials to get you in the air and back again.
- Master Switch > ON
- Avionics Switch > ON
- Strobe Lights > ON
- Engine Key > Start
- Wait for engine NG 20%
- Throttle > Idle
- Parking brake > ON
- Trim > Neutral
- Fuel Valve > Left (L), Right (R) or Both (B)
- Turbine Ignition > ON then OFF
- Wait for engine NG 50%
- Landing Lights > ON as appropriate
- Flaps > 1
- Throttle > About 30% torque
- Rotate at 50kts
- Retract gear before 140kts
- Retract flaps before 180kts
- Punch it and go vertical
- Fuel Valve > Alternate Left (L) / Right (R) every 15 minutes unless Both (B) is selected
- Flaps 2 or 3
- Aim for about 70kts before touch down
- Fuel Valve > Close (0)
- Avionics Switch > OFF
- Master Switch > OFF
The Reno Air Races mod!
Reno Stead Airport (KRTS) - Reno Air Races » Microsoft Flight Simulator
The WT G3X mod
GitHub - Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages: Working Title FS Packages
Note: required for access to the Autopilot and automated Pitot Heat
Got a question or facing an issue?
Support is exclusively provided from the Got Gravel Discord Server (https://discord.gg/4f3j4YgNm4) through the FAQ-Vertigo and Support-Discussion channels inside the information category.
Hop over and have a look! The FAQ especially is a treasure cove of information covering about 95% of all questions I have seen to date.
- Synthetic Vision is not working with the Working Title G3X mod. Working Title is hoping to fix this. Not a Vertigo bug and out of my control.
- On rare occasions one or both Garmins do not power on. A known MSFS bug. Need to restart the flight. Not a Vertigo bug and out of my control.
- Master Switch does not affect some basic cockpit systems. Same thing happens in the default VL3. To be resolved.
v1.0.2 released May 5, 2021
- 2 New liveries: 54 Cyclone and US Coast Guard!
- Tweaked steering wheel sensitivity a bit
- Adjusted rudder sensitivity at taxi speeds by a fair bit, less twitchy
- Less sensitive elevator at all speeds
- Slightly increased roll rate at top speeds
- Removed external 3D model LOD 5 as it missed wings
- Other “tiny” flight model refinements
v1.0.1 released April 28, 2021
- GForce gauge added to the Garmin’s systems panel
- Oil temperature and pressure gauges added
- Travel in style with the first 3 “touring” liveries: Luxor, Dorado and Matador
- 1 New totally awesome racing livery: 53 Blade
- Landing light beam tweaked to be even more authentic (brightness, beam, volumetric intensity, color)
- Taxi lights added (left + right throw), gated to Landing Light switch
- All external white lights changed to Aviation-White.
- Low fuel light (left / right) warning changed from 2 gal to 10 gal
- Flap 2 changed from 37 to 38 degrees (matches tooltip)
- More Yaw momentum to counter weathervaning, crosswind and tail wagging
- Updated seats for all liveries
A very special thanks to the countless test-pilots who have been involved with the Vertigo closed and open beta programme. She would not have been the same without you!