Updating MobiFlight deleted previous version

Hi all just had MobiFlight try to update and it deleted my previous version and then did nothing. Went to the site and tried to download and got a Windows warning that there was infected software on the site. Anybody else seen this?

You might also find help in the forum here.

I think the consensus for that is it is a false positive. I have been running a previous beta version before 8.0 that was flagged by Defender for 3 weeks now, no problems. It’s pretty hard to scan a self extracting .exe so I suspect that’s just a false positive as well. Here’s a small thread about it:

https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/21399.html

Not so confident about it, ran a Bitdefender scan on it and it found a Trojan infection in MobiFlight 8.0. Playing it safe for now and not putting it back on, bummer.

Im in Texas so right now I can’t safely power up the computer because the power here keeps turning off. Soon as the power is back in a reliable state I’ll do a scan on what came out of the install .exe and see if anything shows with that. For a virus scanner to reliably scan a compressed file it would first have to expand all the files then scan them one by one - I’m not familiar with any AV that does that. It’s quite plausible that the compressed .exe just happens to have a series of bytes that matches the signature of one of the eleventy two billion virus’s in the wild. That’s a common problem.

You might could try one of the beta versions before 8.0 that works with MSFS2020 and see if they scan ok - I ran with all of those with no Mobiflight issues.

The power is back on now - just scanned all the Mobiflight code and it showed ok, even though the 8.0 installer threw a flag. That’s a moot point now because there is a version 8.03 where they fixed the flag the AV was throwing. Long live Mobiflight!