Upgrade Win 10 to Win 11

Hey guys… I Plan to upgrade my System from win 10-11.

Is my sim saved after upgrade or do I have to reinstall evereything?

Will I get a performance increase ?

My system:

i9 13900K
4080 Tuf Gaming OC
32 GB DDR 5 5200 Mhz

Thanks for answers…

I didn’t have to reinstall when I upgraded a while ago. As for performance boost…sorry I can’t answer that as it’s very difficult with the ever changing MSFS20 landscape

Watching, Interested to know if I should make the jump to 11 too

I don’t think Windows 10 has full support for the new thread scheduler that Intel needs for optimum performance of 12th and 13th gen chips, so upgrading is really needed. Now, will that improve MSFS? That’s a firm – “Maybe!” MSFS isn’t very multi threaded, so it’s hard to say. Good luck!

1 Like

I upgraded a week ago from W10 to W11 and was really surprised how well it went (I must be a bit cynical :kissing_closed_eyes:), W11 came up after the upgrade with everything as before, except for the new interface. I had to remove some old webcam drivers which didn’t comply with memory protection, that’s all. MSFS exactly as before and I’ve had no problems. This is an Asus laptop with 11800H CPU

1 Like

I also had no problem upgrading to Win11 a month ago.
I know there were some early issues with AMD CPU’s, but mine is running very smoothly.

So it‘s done. Overall no Problems with the Upgrade everything is working great like before:-)

2 Likes