Upvoting for removing 'Press Any Key to Start'

Sorry, there is nothing to post, it is Microsoft that needs to approach you :slight_smile:
The capture was shared, to show the forum members that there is someone in Microsoft that reads the Votes counters :pray:t2:

In FS2020 version 1.8.3.0 released 16.Sep.2020 the useless “Press Any Key” is still there. :disappointed:

1 Like

This is at the top and they still don’t care. Seems they get priorities somewhere else than community.

They should at least disable “press any key” when -FastLaunch is used. This is just one minute of work. I guess they want do an option to disable this in menu, so this is much more work and looks like isn’t prioritized. I don’t mind doing option for this later. But for -FastLauch this should be done ASAP because this is very very little work.

if (!bFastLaunch)
{
    /* press any key code here */
}
/* loading code here */

I forget to press any key every time.

Press any key is useless, it’s a simulator not an arcade game.

In its current state it’s really annoying because you can’t just walk away while it’s loading (but maybe that’s precisely what they want). If it kept loading in the background while “Press Any Key to Start” is displayed, I probably wouldn’t care.

1 Picture= :slight_smile:
Thanks for all and each vote !!!

Since one of the updates, we have to press any key multiple times to continue,

1 Like

Don’t know about the we, but yes, I have the feeling this option asks in 1.8.3.0 more mouse clicks than before
 hope it will be gone soon :pray:t2:

1 Like

Since the last update pressing any key doesn’t seem to work for me, mouse clicks are the only way to move past that screen

Me and myself :slight_smile:

Me myself and I found a way to remove the clicks, press the break button on the Joystick :wink:
Still, I wait the screen to be removed :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hoping this gets addressed soon. It is a bit frustrating forgetting about the screen, loading the sim and coming back to it only to have to wait to load another screen - it is a bit redundant in design now.

FS2020 version 1.9.3.0 is on my computer and still “Press Any Key to Start”.
I thought this is an easy change for Asobo, but it seems to be a big deal.
We have to upvote more! But wait, it is already #1 on the wishlist?!

True True True
 just keep voting until it will be gone :pray:t2:

1 Like

It’s crazy. I too think this should be easy to remove completely. Also there should be an option to deactivate all the intro videos without having to mess around with DIY.

It’s like the start-up procedure was solely created for the initial installation and now it just sticks around being all quirky and stuff. Just let us get rid of the intros, the press any key BS and put in a nice MSFS2020 loading screen that takes you directly to the main menu if it doesn’t find any updates. Keep it simple and tidy.

OMG!!! Asobo will remove “press any key”. They are saying this is an easy fix and they are always skipping it with SDK launcher so they were unaware that this is an issue :joy:

On the Q&A call today, one of them said that this won’t significantly speed up startup. It will significantly speed it up if you start Flight Simulator and leave to go to the bathroom, make dinner, and get a cup of coffee while you wait for it to start up!

3 Likes

This is exactly what 99% of us here want to do :laughing:

2 Likes